*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997674-Flesh--Blood
by Ezikyo
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #1997674
All it took was one very tasty encounter, but one like no other. Can they resist the urge.
~Chapter 1~


...tasty and unexpected...


  Tangle me in your web of desire,

  May your passion light my fire.

  Sharing secrets with my secret admire.

  Your piece of mind, my quagmire.

  Below the surface, my hidden pyre.

  We shoot towards the stars soaring higher

  Till we reach the end, such a satire.

  It's all good till it all back fires.



~~~~~~~~~~


It all began on the most dreadfully chilly season of the year, winter, how I hate it but at the very same time love it. Turns out that around this time the sun is blotted out by heavy snow clouds most of the day. It's gratifying I admit but truly many strange things do tend to happen around this time of year.

This point in time would be the day when an unexpected occurrence would come to pass. I was on the prowl, hunting a rogue immortal. This part of the job had become second nature, the same old routine with little excitement. It didn't satisfy my interest anymore but don't get me wrong I used to love the hunt, the chase and bloodshed. But that was back in my early years, after a couple of centuries doing the same routine you get to the point when you want to retire and find a new distraction in this long life we immortals live.

Luckily this year was my last hunt till I finally moved on and found something new to pass the time for the next couple centuries or so.

Strategically, with my best mate, we followed the blood trail to my present location and I hate to admit this rogue was unlike any I'd ever hunted. For one, this rogue happened to be a real challenge since where ever he trekked he always seemed one small step ahead of the game. I for one love games and today it would come to an end. Hopefully.

On this very chilly afternoon, with a lead on the rogue's location from an unknown source we managed to pinpoint the rogue's whereabouts. I stood presently atop a two story town house gazing at the setting sun pondering about the situation at hand, which seemed a bit off since I kept receiving mixed vibes that didn't bode well to my liking.

One of them being, having to hunt down a rogue that seemed to elude capture. He diverged from the norm, which was rare amongst rogues that I happened to hunt in the past as part of the job. He had a quality to him that was unique since most rogues tended to be reckless, suicidal and mad with hunger. I've deduced along the years as a Revenant enforcer that most rogues tended to become rogue as an excuse for us to bring an end to their misery. Mostly because it's very difficult to kill an immortal and secondly since most don't have the will to end their own lives.

Much of the lore based on my kind is somewhat exaggerated by the media and legends. That being said not much can harm us neither garlic, not even the sun can phase an immortal; though it does irritate us and will weaken us if we prolong our exposure to its rays. What can kill us though is any form of decapitation, extreme exposure to flames, and obliterating the heart.

But back to the situation at hand, I crouched on the snow covered rooftop to recheck my equipment that I had equipped myself with to distract myself a bit. Two semi-auto side arms strapped at my sides and two hidden blades just in case.

With everything in order I stood prone to conserve some warmth since it was getting chilly atop the rooftop. Currently the rogue was in plain sight sitting near a corner of a dimly lit lounge room of a four-star hotel smoking a cigar, whilst sipping on a glass of what appeared to be blood. The whole scene before me seemed peculiar since he appeared nonchalant and at ease, without a care in the world of who may be watching him.

A few minutes ticked by till I tapped my ear piece to radio to my partner the clear to converge on the rogue. With the target in my line of sight on the opposite side of the street and unaware of our presence, I stealthily moved to the edge of the roof. Without a moment to spare I gracefully dropped down to the alley near the side of the building. Luckily though no mortal was around to see my descent.

Once at ground level I stepped out onto the sidewalk, once there I stopped to observe my surrounding. Here and there people bustled around me, oblivious of the predator that stood amongst them. I noticed everything was encrusted with powders of snow, nothing was left untouched.

I suddenly lost myself as I tilted my sight towards the dwindling sunset in the distance, and noticed small flakes of snow were beginning to descend upon the earth. With an outstretched hand I decided to let some flakes fall upon one gloved hand, I stood amused at the intricate patterns that I saw with my enhanced sight that appealed to a dream I once had of a woman with a snow flake printed on her shoulder.

With a shake of my head I slapped myself mentally for letting a simple flake of snow distract me so easily. Deciding not to linger and let my target slip away, I took one step in an attempt to cross the street but was held back as I caught the pungent scent of blood to my right somewhere far off along the road. I strode forward with my mind set on my target that was across the street, ignoring it for now.

I looked to my left and saw Wes, my best mate, follow suite at the opposite end of the street to flank our target. With a nod of my head we rushed forward as soon as I noticed the rogue turn away from his window to answer a call from his cell phone.

Just before I rushed across the vacant street, I sensed someone coming from my right side at an inhuman sprint down the road. I didn't have a chance to react or even turn to my side to face the individual. I was caught by surprise as I was thrust forcefully towards the snow-covered ground along with something soft but firm.

As I lay on my back rubbing the back of my throbbing head, I opened my eyes only to wince a bit as the pain that radiated from there strained my vision. I had to blink a couple times to focus my vision that had blurred as a result of the impact.

Once I had recovered I raised a fraction only to stiffen as I saw a mesh of silky chestnut hair sprawled over my chest. I instantly knew what the woman that lay upon me was. An immortal. She looked like a cat burglar dressed in all black with a turtle neck shirt, and spandex that hugged her curves quite nicely I care to admit.

The constant gentle rise and fall of her soft bosom was enough to confirm that she was trying to regain her breath, which she seemed to had lost. To my surprise this simple action was enough to send feint electrifying sensations that made my flesh crawl with a hint of want. I felt my senses amplify and expand to the point where I could smell her scent, sultry and secretive. I caught the exotic heady fragrance that was spicy with a hint of basil and cinnamon; lastly the smell that was all her own, that was so desirable. It was an aphrodisiac that was repressive, soft and violent all at the same time.

I sensed her blood cells rush one by one through her veins flowing in a never ending cycle throughout her body. The slight sense that her beating heart could somehow nourish the unquenched hunger, a parched immortal such as I needed was almost enough to make me lose restraint over myself. Luckily my long years of self-control held me at bay but even so the pulsing artery near her neck was tempting and making it a very difficult task.

I was distracted as I felt small indescribable whispers of her thoughts trying to slither their way into my conscience. It became apparent that this woman was also causing these gnawing sensations of hunger for her blood and body. To taste her. To feel her. To have her. In that moment I felt a bit weak and vulnerable; even now I couldn't bring it upon myself to lift her off my chest from which she lay sprawled.

Suddenly I felt her shift some and slowly lift herself on her palms. To my dismay, I was unable to gain a glimpse of her face since a mountain of wavy locks of hair hid what lay beneath.

Just as I assumed this, she lifted one delicate hand towards her hair only to part it somewhat. Her green eyes were the only thing that peeked out. Her face was cast in shadow, I was only able to notice then that her eyes were tinted crimson which was a sign that she was desperately in need of blood. They also held pain, confusion, fear and fatigue.

I held her gaze only for a bit only to be cut off as I noticed they were becoming glazed and starting to flutter shut. Unable to sustain consciousness, she collapsed yet again upon my chest leaving me stunned and uneasy.

I gently lifted her off my chest, as I sat upright; only to cradle her in my arm while I still sat on the snow covered ground. I first set my gaze upon her hair covered face that lay at an angle away from me. I decided to sate my curiosity as to the mystery that lay beneath the chest nut hair, that currently lay splayed wildly not only on her face but cascaded also over her slowly rising chest. With one hesitant hand I reached for a strand of hair in attempt to readjust it away from her face but instead stopped an inch away. I closed my hand and instead ran it through my hair in frustration since at the back of my mind a voice kept yelling...'control yourself you imbecile this is so unlike you.'

With my mind sort of in control I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, suddenly well aware of the faint smell of blood that had eluded me up until now. When I reopened my eyes, I noticed the side of my exposed thermal shirt was coated by blood and also a small frozen puddle of blood had begun to form. As I looked around I noticed that her blood loss had left a crimson trail along the distant road. It was good to know that no one had noticed what had happened since every pedestrian was beginning to head home to escape the night and the biting cold.

Without a moment to spare, I quickly looked her over for the source of her wound only to stop short as I lifted her black turtleneck shirt. What lay beneath was a gruesome sight as I noticed that she had a big chunk of her waist, from the bottom swell of one breast to her hip bone, was torn open exposing her innards. From what I could see she appeared to have internal damage also. It appeared as if some beast had feasted on her since there were also bite marks and scratches here and there.

In a swift careless motion I removed my winter coat. Without a second thought I tore off my thermal shirt only to rip it into long strips to wrap and try to sustain the great wound from bleeding any further. I felt compelled to save her, as if she could somehow rekindle what little pleasure was left in my life.

I suddenly became aware of the distant sound of sirens that were nearing our location. Choosing not to linger and have to task myself with erasing any minds tonight I radioed Wes to abort the mission and head back to the SUV that I'd parked a couple blocks down the road. With only my black muscle shirt to cover my chest I readjusted my discarded equipment and chose to wrap my coat on the mysterious damsel to give her warmth from the cold.

I rose from the ground with her carefully cradled in my encasing arms not wanting to cause her any unwanted discomfort. As I walked back from whence I came and stepped onto the sidewalk I felt her shift in an attempt to readjust herself into a comforting position upon my arms. I felt her hands clutch my shirt like a lifeline while she nuzzled my chest with her cheek in an attempt to burrow further into my arms.

In that instant it became apparent that one side of my lip was twitching and slowly rising into an awkward smile only for a moment.

By damn, I hadn't felt like this in ages and was I smiling. It felt strange to smile without having to force one. The last time I'd ever cracked a smile was in my youth when things were more simpler and less complicated. Then it struck me, had I found my lifemate after losing hope of ever finding one or was it just a coincidence. Either way the woman was more than she appeared to be because in that moment I was sure that this chilly winter afternoon had transpired into one unexpected encounter...

°°°

Alessa stirred from her deep slumber with a dull but throbbing pain at her side. In her weakened state she became aware that she couldn't muster her eyes from opening or move a single limb. As it appeared her body was focusing all its energy on mending her wound, a task that would take large amounts of blood to mend since her large wound was still very tender and raw. It hadn't even knitted together properly. Strangely though she felt traces of a strong dose of morphine flowing in her that was the cause of her numbness, and the reason why her mind seemed clouded and mushy.

Alessa had woken when she felt the cushioned surface she laid on lurch slightly beneath her. When she tried to move again she was welcomed with a shot of pain that stirred from the wound she had sustained while fending off her pursuers. The same ruffians that ambushed her right after stowing away an item of interest at her safe house. To her relief she managed to escape and stow away safely the item she had stolen from them.

With her nerves on edge she tried to focus more on what had transpired back when she blacked out to have a better understanding of where exactly she was.

She last recalled running from her pursuers after sustaining a ghastly wound that would've killed a mortal. Luckily though she was immortal and on a dire mission to return an item to a very special friend that had entrusted this deed to her 600 years prior.

Alessa remembered only minor details relevant to her escape as she ran with her mind set on finding refuge to recover from. Before she knew it Alessa had stumbled in her haste and collided with what seemed to be a wall that tumbled along with her. As she lay sprawled on a very solid surface she tried to regain her lost breath and bearings, but failed as she collapsed finally into the shadows of darkness unaware of what would become of her. Though in her last moments she remembered looking up into the eyes of a stunned individual that appeared to be an immortal but it was hard be sure since her focus was off and strained...

Alessa stilled her thoughts as she suddenly felt a soft wet cloth dabbing lightly at the beads of sweet that had accumulated upon her brow. It became apparent then that she was burning up with fever and breathing roughly with a very parched throat. Her thirst was so great that she feared she'd pounce on her savior that seemed to be doctoring her in what happened to be a moving vehicle. The hum of the motor was hardly noticeable amongst her ragged breaths that seemed to soften a bit with each stroke of the cloth that was so refreshing. It was enough to assure her that she was no longer in any sort of apparent danger.

Alessa almost drifted off to sleep before holding it off for a second longer to savor the caring hand that traced lightly along her cheek and jaw. The simple gesture, though unintended, sent small volts of energy coursing through her nerve endings. Before she knew it, the tormenting caress ceased near one end of her lips.

She felt strangely disappointed as the hand ceased its contact with her lips. She felt strangely empty and in need of its touch once more. Though at the moment she wasn't sure if it was the smell or the sound of the blood coursing through the stranger's veins, or something else entirely that stirred this need...

Once again her train of thought stilled as she felt soft lips touch her cheek sending daggers of goose-flesh surging through her flesh and nerve endings once again. Without intending to, a light shudder racked her frame along with a pleasant sigh that brought a small smile to her lips. To her dismay the moment was interrupted when the car came to a sudden halt.

"What's the holdup Wes, are we at the safe house yet?" the stranger said with a hint of annoyance with his lips mere inches from her lips.

"Yes we are. How's she holding up back there? Have you been able to read her yet?"

The stranger cleared his throat and sat up straight before finally saying, "She's holding up fine and the bandages have managed to stop most of the bleeding. But she does have a high fever that will worsen if we don't give her synthetic blood soon." He set a new moist cloth upon her head before continuing. "I can't seem to breach her mind though."

"Hmm," Wes mussed, "that raises two questions either she has a strong mental barrier or she might just be--"

He was cut off when she heard the door next to her open. A cold breeze rushed in making her somewhat chilly and slightly relieved when her body began to cool. Thankfully the door was closed cutting of the draft that was starting to be too cold to her liking.

Up in front Wes sighed and unbuckled before exiting the car also leaving her by her lonesome. A few minutes went by with only the sound of their muffled voices outside and the sound of her hoarse breathing. Once again she tried to move but only managed to twitch her fingers. Her last attempt was opening her eyes, which took great effort but when she did open them she was struck with intense pain, which made her see stars and blurry vision. She managed to catch distorted images tinged crimson here and there but no matter how hard she tried she was unable to focus her eyes.

Just then she squeezed her eyes shut as the door suddenly opened inviting a blinding light that radiated from a high location somewhere.

"—she just might be, huh Wes."

The stranger paused only to run his hand through his hair with an exhausted sigh.

"Yeah well, don't fret over it much. It was bound to happen someday, consider yourself lucky my friend...Well let's not take up any more time and attend to the fair lady. I can't wait till the fun starts." Wes said in an exaggerated manner with a wink and a muffled laugh.

"Well you won't be enjoying your so called fun when you have to help hold her down and restrain her. And let's not forget her ear-piercing screams that will surely last throughout the night."

"God help us all. It's gonna be one helluva long night my friend." Wes said with amusement and another resounding laugh. "Well see you inside and be careful with her will ya, wouldn't want to hurt her now do we." He teased as he walked away.

The stranger growled before shifting inside the car and placing a warm blanket on Alessa, which he carefully wrapped around her tightly. He then took his time to remove the wet cloth he'd placed upon her brow. His next action surprised her greatly when he place a hand on her head and then leaned in close to place his forehead against her own. The simple gesture, which she knew was meant to check her temperature, made her blush a pretty pink, she was sure of it.

"Geez, you're burning up." He said under his breath.

If she knew better he sounded concerned in a charming way. She was unable to enjoy the moment any further because he lifted her from the car to cradle her in his arms.

Alessa took the chance right then to open her eyes a bit, though her vision was still crimson from her apparent blood-lust. Through her lashes she caught a glimpse of the man's skin tight muscle shirt that defined his muscular chest, which rubbed against her side along with every movement the man made. The friction unintentionally caused her to squirm a bit in his arms with delight. The sensation was followed by his scent, which held hints of an ashy, woodsy aroma with a refreshing smell of mint that caused her eyes to dilate a bit.

"Easy now, wouldn't want me to drop you now." The stranger said to her as he felt her fidget, unaware that all this time she was conscious and aware of what was going on.

Alessa managed to get a better view of the man when he shifted her in his arms to close the car door. What she saw was a handsome man in his late 20s, though she was sure he was way older. His age was not shown in his appearance but in his hazel eyes that held a speck of gold to them.

She was unable to gain any further visual on his facial features as she suddenly arched in pain in his arms. A wave of pain washed over her causing her to push the blanket off, so she could wrap her arms round his shoulders. Without intending to she gripped his shoulders too roughly from the pain and felt her nails break the skin. She heard him hiss in pain after a trickle of blood escaped running down his bare arms.

"Damn, woman be gentle with me. I may be able to heal but—"

He grew still as he noticed her now open crimson eyes and the predator look Alessa gave him. She looked like a lioness studying her prey, just waiting for the moment to pounce and take a bite.

Alessa felt her predator instincts kick in, clouding her thoughts and inhibitions. Little by little she felt herself succumb to her primeval urges that were calling out to her. Not even the morphine that coursed through her was enough to hold back her hunger that burst like a bubble once she saw the man's blood begin to run freely.

She raked one hand down his chest in a slow seductive fashion that made him stop in his tracks. The distraction was enough to cause his heart to flutter. It made her aware that she at least had his undivided attention.

Alessa cautiously lifted her hand from his chest to trace it back up towards his face. Half way there though she halted a bit when she heard his breath hitch. Before she knew it, she cupped his neck till she dragged it towards his cheek, which to her surprise he leaned into with a hum of satisfaction that rumbled deep within his chest. She looked up at him and caught his glazed looked which he seemed to be fighting off in his struggle for control. Control that surely he was losing.

She grinned when she noticed him shutting his eyes and rubbing his cheek against her palm while breathing in her scent of arousal. It was noticeable that he was enjoying the moment, as was she but for a more dire need.

Alessa caught him off guard when she rose abruptly in his arms to nip his bottom lip, intentionally drawing blood. Without a second thought she lapped up the drops of blood that emerged, with the tip of her tongue. She leaned back a bit to lick her bottom lip, which she drew in to chew on as her arousal and need intermingled with her blood-lust.

Unable to sustain what little self-control she had over herself, she felt herself slip over the precipice of her subconscious. She was no longer in control of herself. She didn't care though as she finally succumbed to the consuming desire that was scorching her from within.

Still chewing her bottom lip, Alessa felt her gums begin to itch and burn. Then suddenly she felt her fangs extend, nicking her in the process. With a gasp for what little air she could draw into her burning lungs, she tipped her head back almost falling over his arms. She heard him rumble deep within his chest in what seemed to be a muffled, amused chuckle. Thankfully the man had a firm hold on her, which was impressive given their awkward situation. She knew he was enjoying himself too when she felt him caressing her rump slowly. She didn't mind though, in fact she kind of enjoyed it.

At the back of her mind, Alessa was thinking this was so unlike her and she had to put a stop to it. If she were thinking straight she would've thought twice about her actions and taken a different approach on the situation, like pushing him away for instance. She hardly knew the man and here she was taking advantage of him, though he hardly seem to mind either which was a bit strange. But still she didn't care right now since she was being... naughty so to speak. And she was not holding back of that she was sure of, not till she was finally sated at least.

Alessa tipped her head back up in surprise with a growl after she felt the man nip her breast through her shirt in return for her earlier wicked deed. She leaned up in his arms to meet his gaze head on, along with an alluring grin.

She reached up to remove some loose strands of hair from her eyes that were in her way. She then leaned in close, using her arms as leverage, to rise up on his shoulders and maneuvered herself into a better position in his arms. In an instant she had him where she wanted and wrapped her legs around his waist in a vice. She took the opportunity to guide his hands to let them rest below her thighs. She heard him hiss again when she began to rake her nails back up his backside with a purr of her own.

Once she had her arms wrapped around him she lifted herself up a bit to kiss the man's main artery that throbbed with life near his neck. She then dared herself further by licking his sweet spot with the flick of her tongue. She knew better than to dive in and scare her prey, that's why she was taking it slow. But even that was a hard task to follow. She pushed herself further by suckling on his sweet spot; the excitement it caused as she tasted him was too much to bear. She came close to actually biting him at that moment. But still she held back, which was nerve racking at best. Once she was done she leaned back a bit to see her handy work and saw a faint moist, rosy mark left behind in her wake.

She turned to look at him and was surprised at the lust she was causing in him. She was amazed that she'd been unaware of him lavishing her body as well. In that moment it became apparent that there was a bond forming slowly between them that had taken root when they first encountered each other. She could faintly feel his arousal as her own; it was unbearable since it was mixing with her own in a whirlpool of lust and pleasure. She knew he felt the same way too. She could feel his every kiss, every caress, and every touch on her body almost as if it were her doing these actions on herself.

He lifted his attention to her with a pleasant smirk before bending forward again to nibble on her earlobe. Incredibly she somehow felt at ease with him doing so, as if it were natural. Give and take, more or less she reasoned.

Two predators out in the cold snow, lost to the world. Sinners in their own right reaping on what they most desired, one another.

Alessa turned back to his shoulder to trail kisses down his neck only to end near his collarbone. She took it in her mouth to suckle on and nibble, adding more in the process to their shared pleasure. She purred in acceptance as she heard a growl rumble deep within him, a sign that he loved the sensation just as much as her. Her body reacted in kind by adding more to their pleasure when she began unintentionally grinding on his apparent hardness that rubbed against her heated core.

The torture they were both giving each other built up to a boiling point that was waiting to overflow with release. Before she knew it she felt the man buckle slowly under their own weight onto his knees on the snow covered ground. She was glad he did so because now she felt more at ease while straddling him.

No longer able to resist the hunger, she leaned back with her mouth open to take one last gasp of air. Without hesitation she plunged her fangs straight into the man's neck but not before the guy bit her as well. She closed her eyes savoring the taste of his blood and noticed that this man's blood was quickly sating her parched throat and almost quenching her hunger. She felt a euphoric sensation jolting her in waves of pleasure that doubled with the shared pleasure. She felt as one with the man she hardly knew. It was as if they were in sync with one another. As if their intake of blood from each other would fuel them forever while it flowed from one host to the other in a never ending cycle.

She was surprised when indescribable images and emotional sensations began to invade her subconscious. Alessa withdrew a bit within herself in fear, but held off as she recognized the intrusion was the result of a neuro-link between the man and her. She felt him crawl further into her mind exploring the recesses of her subconscious. Seeing that the feeling was mutual she dove into the man's mind and was amazed by what she glimpsed within the stranger's memories.

From what she could understand he was a warlord from a forgotten era, who was betrayed and left for dead in a battlefield. Reason being because the greed for power was too great in those dark times. Sometime later along the road his sire turned him after finding him lying within a heap of rotting corpses while buzzards feasted upon the dead littered all around.

Before she could unearth any further info like his name or age for example, Alessa was pulled back from the man's mind only to end up at the nexus where both minds connected.

This placed seemed strange as if time did not matter here. Everything was covered in endless swirls of white mist that swished around her in a never ending dance.

To her surprise, Alessa noticed that in this place where ever it was. She had a ghostly physical form that was white and a bit transparent. She also noticed that she was nude but it seemed commonplace at the moment and unimportant. It was safe to say that at least her goodies were covered in white mist while her breasts were left bare and erect at the tips.

Alessa gasped in surprise when something blew in her ear causing her to shiver and tingle all over. She quickly turned around but was met with nothing but a swirl of mist. She then heard a chuckle behind her that made her turn around once more. What she saw was a silhouette of a 6-foot tall man with a toned muscular build standing behind a wall of mist. When he came forward she noticed he too was nude though the mist carefully shrouded his proud member.

She froze when she heard his rumbling growl. She felt herself blush if that were possible in this realm she was not sure. He took another few brave steps toward her till he was mere inches from her.

Once he was close enough, she struggled to lift her gaze from his chest before finally looking up at him. With some effort she tore her gaze from where it was glued to and peered up to take note of his facial features. He had an oval face with hazel eyes with a prominent Celtic cross imprinted over his right eye, along with sharp eyebrows that showed content but seemed friendly at the same time. She saw that he had a black fro-hawk. His trimmed sideburns went perfectly well with his ashy stubble that covered his jaw and plump lips.

'Where have you been all my life,' Alessa mused to herself before she lowered her gaze once again. Only this time further south.

Overall his looks could not be rightly justified with words, his face and body reverberated with rugged masculinity...

Alessa was interrupted from her musing, when she felt him lift her chin with his index finger. She gulped the lump she had stuck in her throat when she noticed she'd been caught staring. Even so she had to admit she just couldn't help herself. But even more so, she did notice his short glances at her bared breasts that somehow made her nipples grow even more erect than before. They stood at attention for his burning gaze that made her blood ablaze with rekindled desire, which she quickly suppressed with minor difficulty. It amazed her how a simple glance could abruptly stir up her passion in an instant...

"So..." He said with a cough nervously, while running his hand through his hair. "Um...err...my names uh..."

He seemed to fumble with what to say, Alessa noticed with a soft laugh. Her laugh didn't go unnoticed as she heard him curse himself for his nervousness.

"I'm sorry for how foolish I am," he finally said. "It's just that I somehow find it hard to speak to you." He sighed and ran another hand through his hair. "My names Dorian."

He extended a hand which she hesitantly took before he raised it to his lips to kiss in greeting. The simple gesture was enough to leave every small hair follicle on her arm to stand on end.

"Do you have anything else to go along with that or is it just...um Dorian." she said with a smile.

Dorian relaxed a bit before saying, "No, I gave up my last name long ago but I do sometimes carry the surname of my sire that died long ago." He said with a downcast glance.

"Well, I'm Alessa Rose," she said with a blush.

"What a lovely name. Well...sorry for invading your mind...I uh—" She cut him off with a wave of her hand.

"Not to worry I did so as well. No harm done."

"I hope you're all right, you know with your wounds and all. What happened to you, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Nothing really just a little run in with some unlikely foes that were after me."

She was glad he didn't push her any further on the subject but she did notice his concern. Even so it wasn't his place to know even though they'd just met and um...done some naughty things.

They were unable to discuss any further as their surrounding shook and a feint distorted voice was heard from somewhere.

They both looked around for the source till they heard someone yell, "Dorian what are you doing! Quickly someone separate them before it's too late!"

Suddenly she was pushed back into her subconscious as the mental link was cut off.

Alessa felt confusion and fear bubble up inside her ready to consume her. She was faintly aware that she was still drawing blood from Dorian as her hunger overpowered any other form of reasoning. She felt him withdraw his fangs from her and a warm trickle of blood run down her shoulder. She felt him grasp her head softly while rubbing her back, as if encouraging her to drink her fill to mend her wounds.

She clutched at him to better receive her fill of his sweet liquid, even though she didn't want to. She was scared for him, afraid she'd take too much but even so she was helpless to her blood-lust. Her need was too great and uncontrollable.

To her relief, Alessa was yanked back forcefully by two sets of hands that struggled to hold her back from taking another bite. She recognized the voice of Wes yelling during all the chaos.

She opened her eyes that were still crimson and noticed two men restraining her whilst she was growling at them as she kicked and screamed in order to get loose. In her struggle she saw Wes holding an unconscious Dorian who seemed deathly pale in his arms. He was pointing frantically and barking orders at someone. She was unable to hear anything that was being said, since everything was drowned out, till finally all sound came crashing back.

"...for fuk's sake, Dorian, I leave you alone for one minute you bloody bastard. I wait for you to bring her inside and this is what I find." She managed to finally hear.

Wes turns towards the men holding Alessa with a frown, "Get her inside and restrain her as best as you can before she starts to regenerate."

"On it, sir." The men said in unison while trying their best to restrain Alessa.

"What comes next isn't going to be pretty, darling." He said to her with concern before hefting Dorian over his shoulder to take him inside to recover.

Wes stepped inside before saying to Dorian with a humorous laugh. "You really are one lucky bastard you know that. Who would've thought you'd find your life mate before me you lucky devil."

That was all Alessa remembered till she felt a pinch on her neck along with a woozy, disoriented feeling that left her numb to the bone. Everything became fuzzy and cloudy again as she succumbed to the drugs affect, whatever it was.

Once inside the house Alessa caught disproportioned images of expensive furniture strewn here and there. Then everything went dark for a sec before it cleared, next thing she knew she was near the top of some stairs. To her dismay her vision went dark again only to clear slightly with little visual of her surroundings. Presently she was being carried down a grand hallway with paintings all around. Darkness consumed her yet again but this time when it cleared she lay on a big four poster bed. She had her arms and her legs pinned down by ropes to prevent any movement. She was sure it was greatly needed since regens tended to be overwhelming. Especially for large wounds such as hers.

«—Through experience she'd learned that immortals could overpower four immortals if not held down properly, especially when they're experiencing their first turn. It's also a precaution to prevent them from biting others or lashing out. Sometimes it's known for an immortal to try to cause harm to themselves since regens and conversions can be extremely painful.—»

Alessa noticed many new faces around her in all the chaos. She felt afraid and scared for what was about to happen. Truthfully she wasn't prepared enough to handle the healing that would surely drive her near the brink of madness.

She looked up to see a beautiful woman in a lab coat standing before her smiling at her and rubbing her shoulder reassuringly.

God someone help me, anyone, she thought frantically.

Before she knew it darkness overcame her like a vice ready to squeeze the life out of her. She felt her skin burn as if it were in flames, scalding her inside and out when her damaged organs began to mend. She felt her rib cage snap and pop to reposition itself, the simple process reverberated throughout every nerve ending sending volts of electricity rampaging throughout her body. She felt a powerful migraine grip her ready to tear her into millions of bite sized pieces. But still it did not end there. In that moment she had the great urge to scratch her face off just for the hell of it.

Alessa was crying, in need of escape. In need of someone to save her. In need of someone to hold her. She didn't care other than for her nightmare to finally end.

Her muscles and tendons were the worst part as they reknitted themselves. Alessa felt herself scream till she could scream no more, even so she still screamed. It felt like she was being stretched to an impossible degree that finally sent her off the deep end towards unconsciousness and her release.

Last she remembered she was falling till she hit the threshold of nothingness that was so inviting. She didn't care anymore if she ever woke up. She did not care if she lived or died. She just let go and hoped for tomorrow, if there would ever be one she was not sure. All that mattered was her final release.

Like a dwindling flame she slowly drifted off into a deep sleep. While in another room Dorian slept while being fed blood through an IV bag.

Before long, Dorian eased into his slumber along with Alessa just as he caught her in his arms when their minds finally conjoined once again. He floated with her in never ending darkness waiting for her return whilst holding her dearly near his bosom...hoping for his flower to return to him and bloom once more. Hoping. Yearning for a chance at another tasty and unexpected encounter. ~

Thank you for reading my story, who ever you are. It's most appreciated if you rate and review my Chapter honestly. There's many more chapters to be told and I hope you enjoy the ride with me.Thank you.
-Ezikyo
© Copyright 2014 Ezikyo (ezikyo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997674-Flesh--Blood