*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997805-Go-Fish
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1997805
Dee Strickland and Rocky Tyler get stuck in an elevator. For 200 word contest.
Clink. Clank. Clunk.
“Are you shitting me?” Rocky groaned, sliding down to the elevator floor.
“Looks like the elevator broke down.” Dee frowned holding the cardboard box of Rocky’s belongings. Her apartment was being fumigated so who’s place would she crash at but her favorite drinking buddy? She was now regretting her decision, maybe she should have traveled to her roommate’s sister’s house. Wait. No. She’s crazy, Rocky would rather be stuck in the elevator.
“You don’t say!” Rocky exclaimed in mock surprise. Dee rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone.
“Calm you tits, I’ll just call Deryn.” Deryn lived, to Dee’s delight, across the hall. It’s handy to have a boyfriend just across the corridor. The phone rang on and eventually reached Deryn’s voicemail.
“Damn it,” Dee sighed and sat next to Rocky on the floor “I bet he’s an after work nap.”
“Good for him.” Rocky groaned. There was a moment of silence and Dee pulled out a deck of cards.
“Wanna play ‘Go Fish’ while we wait?” he asked waving the deck around. Rocky sighed and shrugged.
“Yeah sure, why not?”

It was several hours until Deryn called back. Rocky won seven games out of thirteen.
© Copyright 2014 Max Ralstin (dammitmax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997805-Go-Fish