*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998319-Shoes-on-Trains
Rated: E · Monologue · Biographical · #1998319
Musings on life
         She sits alone in the crammed train trying to get to the city and her office which is filled with the same harsh fluorescent lighting as the carriage. She sits there silently and avoids eye contact with her fellow passengers. She remembers craving this anonymity when she was younger but now occasionally catches herself second guessing the choice she made to move to the metropolis. She examines her fellow travelers shoes. She heard once that you can tell a lot about someone by their shoes. She doesn't know what she could possibly learn from another person’s footwear but spends the rest of her journey wondering what others may be making of her electric purple ballet flats. At last the train pulls to a jerky stop and she exits with the immense crowd, everyone fighting for their place on the travelator as they ascend to the busy concourse of the city station.
© Copyright 2014 Kobe Mitchell (kobemitchell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998319-Shoes-on-Trains