*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998322-Monkey-See-Monkey-Do
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1998322
A short story I wrote in middle school. It's quite cute. I fixed spelling mistakes.
Monkey See, Monkey Do!!!



         Today, on the way to school, I saw a pack of wild monkeys! I waved. They waved back. I stuck out my tongue. They stuck out their tongue. I started to run. They started to run too. Then I checked my phone. "I'm late!" I shouted with fury. The monkeys yowled loudly. "Oh, shut it." Then I bolted down the sidewalk, and the monkeys followed. I flung the door open and skidded to my seat. The teacher nodded "Late again are we and a distraction as well. Hmmm... Wait in my office will you." "Yes Mrs. Flouder." I moan.



         The door that I came in from, when I was late, was still open. "Now what's your story?" She hisses through her straight, white teeth. "I woke up late" I lie. "A very normal story. No man eating alligators or snakes that are bigger than the titanic? Just I woke up late? Almost makes me think you learned your lesson or maybe you're hiding something." I sat quietly. "Answer me, missy!" "I saw a wild pack of monkeys." "Don't lie to me Kristie! I know you too well!" "No you don't." "Are you back sassing me, missy!" "No. You don't know me because I was kidding about the monkeys. I really did wake up late." I smile. Her face was turning red now. "Get to your seat now!" She spat.



         I sit down in my seat in front of Billy and behind Tom, the class bullies. "This should be interesting." Tom snickers. "Let me guess Kristie, deadly penguins?" Billy snarls. "No, I woke up late." "Wow! Never thought I'd hear that from you." Tom gasps. Tom and Billy sat speechlessly. Why are they making such a big deal.



         "Okay class enough chitter chatter, time to work. OK Billy. What is  the value of pie?" "Yummy!" "No." She smiled softly. She favors the bullies, of course. I thought negatively. "Tom?" "Wait what?" "Never mind. Kristie?" She growls my name. "Pie equals 3.14." I answer. "Yes. Sure. Whatever." I sigh. Then this strange noise occurs. A small monkey wanders in the room. "Agh! Get that beast out of here! Now!" Then another arrives. Then another and another. Until it was a pack full. "Hey these were the same monkeys I saw earlier. They must have followed me here." "Kristie! You brought them here!" "They followed. I didn't bring them." "Just get them out of here!" "OK, okay. I need someone's lunch box." "Here, I don't know why you would need it." It was Tim my best friend. "Thanks Tim." "Welcome." He answers.



         I pour out the box. Yes bananas. I pull out all three bananas and I yell "Here monkeys. Yummy bananas." "Ohhh!" The monkeys screech. I hold the bananas up above my head. I run down the shallow hallway and out the side door I left open. I throw the bananas into the tree and monkeys ran me over trying to get the yellow fruit. As the monkeys crash into each other. I pull myself off the ground and smash the door into the wall. Then right after I heard howling, screeching, and pounding against the door.



         I stroll down to my classroom. I walk in my class and the teacher looks hopefully at me. "Are they gone?" She whispers. "Ya! Told you I can take care of them." "I guess you were right." "You're lucky the snakes and alligators aren't here." Mrs. Flouder looked shocked. "Are sure you closed that door?" "Course." "Then whats that?" "Oh that's an alligator." "Agh!" Mrs. Flouder squeals. "Everyone the window!" I shout and help everyone out the window and up a tree. "Kristie, I guess you were right." "Duh!" With the alligator snapping at our feet I thought this actually turned out as a really good day.
© Copyright 2014 RapunzelZWI (featherdusterz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1998322-Monkey-See-Monkey-Do