*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999205-Give-Love-a-Try
by Jenn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1999205
Not finished yet...
Give Love a Try

Jennifer Wise

"Get up and get ready for school." Stella's mom barged into the room and dumps a vase of cold water over her daughters head.
"Mother," Stella grumbled and pulled the freezing soaked covers from her body, "a nice good morning would be perfect thank you."

Stella's mom smiled then left the room when Stella started changing. In the process of getting ready, her phone vibrated signaling an incoming text. "Who texts this early," Chelsea ranted, "do people not understand that I'm busy!" She stomped toward her phone and brightened up once she saw it was from her boyfriend, Nicholas. The grin didn't stay long once she read the message inside.

"I can't believe this..." Stella dropped her phone and backed up onto her bed, hand placed over her mouth. Silent tears began streaming down her face once the realization hit full swing.
"Stella it's almost time to go, you need-"her mother stopped scolding when she noticed Stella crying. "Oh Stella," her mother walked over to her and placed Stella's head on her lap, "did something happen?" Stella didn't answer, her mother continued to rub circles on her back, soothing Stella.

"Mom, can you just drive me to school?" Stella pleaded, her mom nodded and left to get the car started. Stella took in a few deep breaths then proceeded to grab her backpack and head out into the car. The whole ride there Stella stared out the window as her mother continued to pester and pry even when Stella told her that she didn't want to talk about it.

         "Well we're here, do you want me to pick you up as well?" her mother questioned and got a head shake in response.
Stella strode up the long sidewalk to the big glass doors, took a deep breath, composed herself, and headed inside. She put her head up high and threw in a bright smile for extra measures. Once her friends came in they made a direct beeline for her.
"Hey," one of the friends said, "what would you say to a double date tonight at the movies? I just got a boyfriend and you have to meet him." Putting emphasis on have like it was a big deal.


© Copyright 2014 Jenn (jlynnw234 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999205-Give-Love-a-Try