*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999639-Brothers-Keeper
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Inspirational · #1999639
295 words Brother's Keeper, is a story how James grew up as the younger brother of Jesus.
As I climb the moist grass and mud I wondered what Simeon meant by his statement "What I thought of the image now." As I reached the road I turned to look at the roof of the stable my heart was pounding like father driving the nails of the boards I was now staring at. I made my way to the spot where the bank met the roof. I carefully jumped to the roof never taking my eyes off the image. I stood there gazing at half circle of the same image of feather that Simeon had shown me earlier, no like a robe of feathers that was burned into the front portion of the roof. I slowly began inching my way closer, as I came within inches of the image I could see all the detail of this robe like image with its layer upon layer of feathers. I reached forward to feel the indent of the wood and suddenly a flash of bright light came upon me. It was so bright I could not see anything around me. Out of the brilliant light a thundering voice came saying "All will be revealed in time!" I felt the warmth of the light and I immediately felt light headed and felt myself drop to my knees and the next thing I was lying on my back looking up at the face of Simeon and my father. My father began teasing me of taking a nap in the middle of the day. Simeon reached down and asks me what I thought of the image? As Simeon helped me to my feet I suddenly relived that I was no longer on the roof but lying in the hay only a few feet away from Simeon's precious manager.

© Copyright 2014 Jeff Fogel (jallenf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999639-Brothers-Keeper