*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999733-You-Look-Ridiculous
by MJM13
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1999733
Short piece written for daily flash fiction contest
Music blared from the jukebox (classic rock of course; standard sports bar fare) as Glen, Pat, and Cliff worked on their first beers of the day. The game wouldn't start for another hour, but the guys always arrived early. Part of it was to beat the crowd and make sure they got their favorite table, but mainly it was because, well, what guys didn’t love getting to hang out with their buddies and watch football?
There were always a ton of laughs on these days, but few things the guys looked forward to as much as Jerry’s weekly griping about his wife. And right then, as if on cue, Jerry appeared at the table with a look on his face that let the others know he would not be letting them down.
There was something different this week though, as Cliff (along with every single other person in the bar) couldn't help but notice Jerry’s interesting choice of attire. In the place where a shirt of some kind would normally be, Jerry had on a sports bra. And nothing else.
“Jer….you ok?” Cliff asked.
Jerry’s reply was quick, as he eyed all three of his friends.
“Uh…yeah. Was just gonna ask you the same thing.”
The other three friends laughed, but soon stopped after seeing the three large gentlemen who had just joined them at the table. One of them scanned all four of the friends’ faces, and finally spoke.
“So…Jerry’s the only one willing to pay up?”
Pat, Glen, and Cliff looked at each other, and reluctantly they each took off their shirts, revealing sports bras nearly identical to Jerry’s. They sat in silence for a moment before Jerry chuckled and said,
“You look ridiculous. Maybe next time I suggest not makin’ a stupid bet you guys’ll listen.”
© Copyright 2014 MJM13 (mjm13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1999733-You-Look-Ridiculous