*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000660-Tales-of-Ignus-Lucarios-story-part-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2000660
Lucario didn't miss the full moon, and he makes the most of it. Too bad Gaath is back!
Pokemon World, May, 2014


I woke up from my rest, finding myself still in Absol's house. I look out the window to see the dark, starry night sky.

"I must leave..." I thought to myself. "I can't put this family in any more danger than they're already in..."

I look at Absol's sleeping form. Her chest rises and falls gently as she sleeps. Gently, I stroke the fur on her head.

"Good night, Absol." I whisper. "Please remember me."

Heading out, I'm stopped by Absol's parents. They seem to understand, but they don't seem to want to accept the fact that I must leave.

"Lucario, please come back to visit. You're like family, and you're welcome to come to visit. You're like a son to us." They whispered. Those last six words hit me hard, and tears came to my eyes. I thought of them as parents. I hugged Absol's mother.

"I'll miss you... Mom..." I said, fighting back sad memories. "And you too, dad... The past month of staying here was one of the best I've ever had."

I turned to leave the village as the full moon had begun to rise into the horizon. I entered the forest and as soon as I was out of earshot, I turned to gaze at the moon. Its silver face shone brightly. My heart began to pound as my pulse quickened. My head began throbbing as I threw myself to the ground. The pain became almost overwhelming as I felt my bones snap, trying to accommodate my larger, more beastial form.

I let out a horrid cry of agony, but the cry was blending with a howl that sounded... Animal. My teeth became enlongated, fitting well with my jaws. Thrashing about on the ground, I howled again, feeling my paws grow claw-like fingers. I desperately hoped nobody heard me crying in the night as this beast inside me tore me up and dragged me to the ground.

"Food..." My instincts told me. "Food..." Then I was flung to the ground as a net wrapped around me! My heart leaped into my throat as I frantically tried untangling myself.

"I have to admit, furball... You put on quite a show, throwing yourself around like that. Did that tire you out? It looked painful" A voice like a shallow grave uttered. I recognized that voice in an instant- Gaath! I pulled my ears back and snarled angrily.

"To be honest, I thought you'd be harder to bring down in this form. I guess I was wrong! But look on the bright side... I never thought I'd have a second encounter in one day!" Gaath laughed as he pointed his dart gun at me. "The boss still wants me to take you in alive, though. Too bad. You'd make a fine rug."

Screw untangling the net. I had to get out now! Snapping at Gaath, I tried to make him keep his distance. With one motion, and a moment of rage, I snapped the net like it was sewing string.

"AROOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I lunged at Gaath and attempted to pin him. He rolled between my legs as I leaped. With a kick, he sent be backwards. The all-too familiar prick of the dart was felt in my neck.

Rage overcame me and I grabbed Gaath by the throat and hurled him.

THWAK! He hit the tree and slammed into the ground like a bag of rocks. To my surprise, he picked himself back up.

"Thank you, sir. May I have another?" He asks tauntingly as he spits blood onto the ground. I swiped at him, but he dodged my claws and struck my jaw with a solid left hook. My mandible hung loosely as I felt numb in my face. The feeling soon went away as I punched him in the chest, sending him sprawling. He took aim...

Two more pricks in my neck. Infuriated, I pin him to the ground and prepare to crush his windpipe between my jaws. Immediately, there was a burning sensation on my sternum. Gaath pressed a block of silver on my chest!

Leaping off of him, I snarled as I tried to ease the burning sensation. Two more pricks in my neck. I began feeling dizzy, but I wasn't willing to go down yet. With a mighty swing, I raked Gaath's chest and sent him into a tree.

"Gah... Heh... Heh heh... You're lucky I can't bring you in now. C'mon... Finish me off." He taunted.

Staggering to my feet, I bared my teeth and roared. He looked so smug... So ready for me to devour him. Before I could step closer, he hurled a bottle at me, shattering its contents on my face.

"Enjoy a mouthful of chloroform!" He sneered. "Too bad I'm too injured to bring you in... Time to find an infirmary."

He presses something on the device on his wrist and vanishes instantly. Then, the chloroform thrusted me into a familiar darkness.



Thanks for reading these! Part 6 will be out soon!
© Copyright 2014 Lucario (lucario_0277 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2000660-Tales-of-Ignus-Lucarios-story-part-5