*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001387-Change
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2001387
Life's sudden turns

Just a couple months ago everything looked promising.
Then I couldn't lift everything on my shoulders breaking my back and everything else I was trying to carry.
But now life seems different because I could let go of some of those things that were holding me to the past.
Within me I have received strength I didn't know I had. I felt like I was going to fall before I realized that I can’t. If I do everyone else will hurt to, not just me.
Other people don’t see anything. They don’t see the girl faking her smile, plastering it on her face to hide the pain, they see a girl they think is who she fakes to be.
Change to face the sun and force yourself to stare into it unblinking. You will want to turn away, but you can’t. The tears will come, but you will hold it anyways because you have to do that or give up. Giving up is never an option.
© Copyright 2014 Mikayla hubbard (goodreads at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001387-Change