*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001761-Tales-of-Ignus-Lucarios-Story-part-10
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2001761
Lucario finally sees Ignus with his own eyes.
Drop Portal, Falling through Space-Time, Time Currently Non-essential


We fall through the rift that was created by the drop portal at a surprising rate. The speed in which we fell was pulling my ears behind me like a vacuum.

"Thornton, why are we falling so quickly now that we're heading for Ignus?" I ask. Thornton shrugs.

"Do you want the long or short explanation? In short, I'm familiar with Ignus, and I can get the fastest route there, since it's home... Much like a router for data transfer." He explained.

"So THAT's what it feels like to be data on the Internet!" I gasp.

We all landed safely on the ground in front of an inn. It stood in what seemed like the center of this endless world. I looked around, lost in thought as I stared at this enormous white space in every direction. I was quite disappointed. Where was the stuff Thornton promised? Didn't he promise everything I could imagine? I hunched over, wondering why this place was such a big deal. It was just a sea of blank space and an inn!

"Lucario!" Thornton called.

"Huh? What's up?" I ask, paying attention yet again.

"Didn't you hear me? I was just explaining the name of this starting point for my entire world! It's called The Starting Point Inn. I also invited you all in for a snack." He explained.

"Lucario, do you have a lack of attention?" Anemoi asks. I turn to face him.

"Actually, I have ADHD, so... Yeah, I guess." I reply. We enter the inn and indulge in a delightful meal. Assorted meats of various kinds were all across the table. There were breads, different types of cheese, desserts, and seafood. I saw salads as well. Caesar salad, potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad... And fruit salad! Yummy!

"Listen... I'm sorry that I made Ignus sound so amazing, Lucario. Did you see those sentinel-like things floating around outside? They record your thoughts and immediately get to work, creating what your mind imagines. In truth, Ignus IS everything you can imagine... Just not all of it yet." Thornton said, eating what little food he put on his plate.

"Why doesn't Thornton eat much? Isn't he hungry?" I ask Jon. He leans over and explains.

"Thornton is capable of feeding off the energy that others emit. Happy emotions are filling, and it's shared with him, allowing him to feed on energy without it being a parasitic relationship." Jon replied.

"A win-win. Everyone benefits." I say, nodding in understanding. Jon nods in agreement.

After lunch, we all enjoy making a place to suit to our liking. I began with a training field that we a can use. After that was made, a house appeared. It was decent in size. When the house was finished, I entered it. The serenity... The comfort... It reminded me of my old home. I sense a presence in the house and I turn around to see Daltin.

"Can I stay here with you? It's a nice house! You won't even know I'm here. I promise." Daltin said. I shrugged. There's nothing bad about that idea, so I agreed.

Then I heard it... The sound of a portal opening up. Sounds of electricity popping was apparent, so I ran outside. Sure enough, a drop portal opened, and a familiar face appeared. A shady man with that dark-rimmed hat... And those glowing green eyes. My heart sank. I thought I'd be rid of him forever!

"Who are you?" Thornton asked.

"I am Gaath." He replied, sneering.



Thanks for reading Part 10! Until I become a basic member, this is the most I can make.
© Copyright 2014 Lucario (lucario_0277 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2001761-Tales-of-Ignus-Lucarios-Story-part-10