*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2002483-Final-Zodiac-Prompt---Hope-Diamond
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2002483
Charity Ball
{w/c 496]

         After Angela finished her glass of champagne Roger pulled her to the dance floor.  The techs behind the computerized lighting system dimmed the lights to appear the sun was setting and shortly made the moon rise casting a soft glow on the guests.
                   A slow melody played in the background with the occasional sound of water lapping at an invisible shoreline.
                   Roger quietly waltzed her to the far side of the dance floor.  Once he had her in the corner he silently pulled a remote control device from his pocket and sent the command for the sleeping gas vapor to be released in the air conditioning system. 
                   Roger did not plan to put all the guests to sleep, just give them a retrograde euphoria feeling like they were getting stoned.  After darkening the room more he next launched the fireworks via the Sagittarius archer.  The patrons oohed and awed at the display. 
                   On the stage floor a hidden door in the floor moved aside to allow for the large object below the stage to rise up.  A cage in the shape of a sphere decorated as an outline of the Earth at night rose up from the floor.  Inside the cage was an unamused Leo the Lion.
                   While Leo held everyone’s attention, he quickly made the switch of the Hope Diamond.  The real diamond went into his pocket and the imitation was set on the display.
                   Angela called out to Roger, but he had already moved away from her as he move to phase two of his plan.
                   Leo expressed his angst at being held in a small container; the air smelled funny, and he wanted to be in his own caged habitat.
                   Angela feeling the effects of the intoxicating vapors.  She felt dizzy and the room was starting to spin.  A pair of dark arms caught her as she crumbled to the floor.
                   Roger slipped out a side door to make his escape.  He hid a motorcycle behind the trees in the back of the auditorium.  He felt the Hope Diamond secure in his breast pocket of his tuxedo.
                   Angela was jolted back to reality as a security guard passed an ammonia inhalant under her nose.  The room held several other patrons coming out of their dazed euphoria.  Security personnel stood guard at the exits.
                   “Angela, how do you feel?” Mr. McPhearson patted her hand.
                   “What happened? How did I get here?”
                   “No worries, my dear. When I realized the light show was not going along the planned display, I alerted the security team to gather up the tagged guests.”
                   “Where’s Roger?
                   “He is in custody. He’s plan to steal the Hope Diamond did not go as well as he thought he planned.  Security found his hidden motor cycle earlier this evening and disabled it.  Roger attempted to get away on foot but my security team captured him.
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2002483-Final-Zodiac-Prompt---Hope-Diamond