*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003870-What-is-Peace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Personal · #2003870
“Peace begins with a smile..” ― Mother Teresa
Peace  looks like a child. Tears going down his pale cheeks, smiling happy as can be at the freedom he’s gained from many and plenty after his final recovery of silence and cries and screams from across the halls, and from the doorway.







Peace sounds like calming whistles coming from the wind.  With rain tapping gently repetitively on the windows. A domestic cat meowing from a distance in the emerald green fields of long flowing grass whispering to come join it for an adventure in the wild, with all the everlasting peace coming with it.







Peace smells like bundles of flowers all row on row. As families here and there come to praise their fellow heroes ever since they’d gone with bravery and heart to fight our war. The one we all had started with our hatred yet, they still went on to fight our fights with others. The smell of those blood red poppies, darkened pink fuschias and very few delightful happy pale yellow tulips.







Peace feels like those warm arms wrapped around me tightly, telling me through soft lips they’ll never let go of me. The happy soothing feelings. Feels of my heart beating steadily knowing I live now in the present time in a peace loving world, but not completely will it ever be collected and composed.







Peace is so many different things yet they all connect together as one thing and one thing only.          With the tears of joy in a child, the quiet whistles in the unnoticeable and ghostly wind, the clear scent of a sweet sensation from the smoothly carved dainty flowers, and the last happy arms hugging me because now..





There is peace.
© Copyright 2014 G.S. Ibrahim (sugarcookie246 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2003870-What-is-Peace