*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004234-Revelation---Truth-To-Be-Known
by SAC
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Community · #2004234
Unraveling the Mysterious Book Of Revelation
[Introduction]

Chapter 1 The Vision

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass;" and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and the testimony of Jesus Christ, an of all things that he saw" (vs.1-2).

When we look at the above verses, we can plainly see that the revelation originated with God (The Father), who gave it to Jesus. Jesus sent and signified the Revelation through His angel, and His angel gave it to John, "who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ and of all that he saw" (vs. 2). John is preserving these words for the servants of Jesus Christ--His end time Church.

The Book of Revelation contains the words of Jesus Christ, and Jesus is the one doing the revealing of what God, the Father, gave unto him. John is nothing more than a faithful scribe, a secretary if you like, following instructions to pass on parts of the spiritual vision as the truth revealed and to hide other parts for a later time.

Jesus revealed through out the Bible, that the Bible explains itself. So many people miss that bit of wonderful news. They embark on Bible chapters and quickly become confused and overwhelmed by the symbolism, the wars, the conflicts, the numbers, so they give up. The book of Revelation is the only book in the Bible that actually begs you to read it. Also it is the only book in the Bible that promises you Blessings for reading it. However if we look at the whole Bible from a christian viewpoint, the whole Bible is a Blessing and its blessings are bestowed by God as reward.

Too many people think that if they come to God today, their lives will instantly change, and it will. However, truth in heart and spirit will reflect back to the new believer what they put in. God's grace was granted by Jesus death, we merely have to believe it was and accept it. Truly accept it. Not just believe for a few minutes, hoping to get money for our bills, or some other instant gratification.
© Copyright 2014 SAC (stephen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004234-Revelation---Truth-To-Be-Known