*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004861-The-World-Corporation
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #2004861
Principles for a Global Community
The world we share can be perceived as a corporation. A conglomerate of various beings sharing a life on a floating mass in an endless universe. Much like a capitalist corporation, our success depends on structure, organization and direction. This is why we have rule of law and regulations to put in place parameters restricting acts of willful and want full disobedience. Laws and regulations also provide a guide for those who choose to play the game by the rules. Just like a sports team or any other kind of team, society must have discipline, order and the cooperation of all team members to ensure success. What I mean by discipline is not just punishment for wrongful deeds, but an installment of guiding principles and protocols. Unfortunately in this world, our leaders, the managers of our teams, keep changing the rules, leaving the game chaotic and disruptive. Sometimes I feel as if we are at the bottom of the ninth with no foreseeable chance of winning.
Freedom and democracy can only develop and survive from the existence of order. There can be no true freedom in a world unaccommodating to rule. Imagine driving without traffic laws. There would be total chaos and mayhem leaving the highways unsafe to use. Freedom and democracy follow such a scenario. We must have laws and an authority to enforce such laws. These laws must come from discussion and criticism by those living under such laws with concessions to amend or abolish any law through debate.
Unless we manage and apply these principles internationally, we will be stuck in a world with recurrent aggression becoming more and more devastating. The only chance of bringing conflicts to an end is to devise a method of attaining a society by free cooperation. Whatever succeeds, if it is to be an improvement, must discourage anarchy without imposing imperialism while providing protection against the evils of radical minorities, lawlessness and violence. However we do this, we have to do it together. The price that must be paid for the preservation of freedom and the restoration of humanity is the acceptance of obligation to all. The most important obligation would have to be defending the victims of lawlessness and violence. Complete freedom and independence are not plausible, but at least we can allow equal opportunity for each individual. If the human race is to thrive, it will be by virtue of organization and the cooperation of those who value humanity. The needs of the future must raise an ethical concern in urgent form.
There can be no individual security until we recognize the simple truth that we must provide a place for all others. We must guarantee the rights of life, liberty and equal opportunity for each individual. If we do not defend the rights of each individual, as a consequence, such rights cannot be defended at all.
These are the principles which will secure the future to our good ends. The final decisions to ensure our future must come from the broad principles of human association through moral responsiveness. These decisions must include a position to be taken by the whole world in economic, political, racial, ethnic and religious conflicts.
We cannot put our own independence and freedom first without any reference at all as to the fate of others. We cannot persist with a nationalist agenda while disregarding the concerns of people beyond our borders. Isolation from other parts of our world only leads to the deprivation of opportunities for the unfortunate and less opportunity for the whole. The largest measure of freedom and independence for all can only be secured through cooperation and cooperation means that we all accept an obligation to each other. Without a commitment to such obligations and responsibilities, there can in the end be no freedom at all and we will always be subjected to transgression. No effective pursuit of freedom and stability can be achieved when the masses are divided on the simplest and most fundamental principles. Such division is a barrier to the achievements of human kind.
It is true that we are not a people of common ancestry, culture and language. We may not share the same beliefs, celebrate the same holidays or share the same music, art and literature, but we can see past divergences. We must rise above diversity, have faith in each other and create bonds of trust and loyalty. Why must we detest each other in ways so deep that we create conflict instead of collaboration? We all need to be tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others. All of us need to favor gradual reform, protect the freedoms of each individual and (through moral obligation, not by the way of a government controlled redistribution) distribute wealth more evenly. We must leave behind greed, corruption, immoral behavior and have faith that as human beings we can unite and solve our problems in a peaceful and democratic way.
As descent people we need to convince others that we have a passionate desire to prevent the repetition of wars where our children will become the victims. With all the turmoil we are presently engulfed in, it is quite clear that despite all good intentions, we are being defeated by the egos of preoccupied mad men who show no apprehension for an indispensable concern of peace. It is sad to witness the world lie in ruin at the hands of a few narrow minded radicals who refuse to let go of the past. Unless the majority are willing to use their combined power for the defense of peace, radicalism will never allow for stability. Without democratic rule as the sole defender of appeasement, the world as a whole will remain at risk of domination by any minority which can make itself stronger through intimidation. The survival of democracy is dependent upon the capacity of all of society to act in alliance.
For us to use our power and will successfully, we must achieve an effective consolidation. Such a consolidation must be supported by a moral factor through voluntary cooperation of equals. The basis for the restoration of humanity is the defense of each by all whereas this principle becomes true to the relationships of all nations and all people. We must face the truth that the present perils which we are facing are the results of a minority led by radical thinkers disassociated with the masses.
We are an advanced civilization stuck in a prehistoric mind set. Until we preclude distinct orders of people, the vast majority of mankind will always be dominated by a relatively small minority. We cannot allow for the argument that you cannot summons a nation into court and punish it as you can an individual. Every person and every nation must be held accountable for their actions.
We the common people of this earth only ask for simple things. Let us live our lives according to our values so we can care for our families with the potential and ability to earn an honest dollar and allow us to save something so we may ensure a secure future. Allow us to create and maintain a constitution for which all people can live and prosper under. Let us share the world in peace and harmony. Let us put our collective powers behind law and order against violence, aggression, lawlessness and corruption. Let us end nationalism and isolationism and make possible an international society where unity is inherent.
If the restoration of humanity is to be truly the peoples will, then we must have it be the will of all people. If we are to become united for the purpose of peace, our criticisms must be of policies, not of each other. Ancient grudges must be forgotten, disputes and grievances must be subject to discipline and our cooperation must be an integral part of a truly free society subject to the will of the majority. We are members of one and we must have faith in each other.
Because the majority of interests are controlled by the corporate elite and political partisanship, the merging of our world economies is not providing sufficient benefits for the common people. Share holder profits and political agenda take precedence over what is good for the whole. Greed mongers exploit the common people by moving their enterprises to places where taxes and operational fees are lower and environmental standards, health and safety, wage and hour and civil rights laws do not apply. Regulations are meaningless if they are ignored. We desperately need a level playing field. Allowing imbalanced standards, unfair treatment and exploitation of helpless people is treason against humanity. The ruling parties of this world need to be held accountable for their actions.
Social relationships among people are decomposing. Community structure and traditional values are rare. We have a horrifying lack of clarity for the future. Our leaders have followed a course of irresponsible behavior not caring about the results which they bring upon the masses. Rather than working toward utopia, our society continues to erode the value and dignity of human life. If we continue on this course, collapse of society and loss of order will be impossible to avoid.
Our world is moving away from moral and ethical constraints. Manners and ethical conduct required for a meaningful and prolific society are decomposing. There is a conflicting system of privilege and class reluctant to help those exposed too transgression. The decline of traditional values have left many people without purpose and direction. The epidemic of drug related violence is infecting the world. Human trafficking and exploitation have become extensive. Legalized gambling continues to reach into our communities. The internet has created a defiance of moral behavior. Religious fanatics continue to create animosity. Humanity is traveling in reverse. We are leaving our children with a decadent world.
Our children are the greatest asset for the future. Embrace them all and teach them how to be descent human beings. Teach the next generation to avoid the hardships and suffering an immoral world creates. Children are not born immoral and dishonest, they learn behavior through observation. Teach them the benefits and rewards of common decency and community. Children who remain active and interact with a moral community will be less likely to smoke, drink, use drugs or commit crimes. Decent unified communities are the foundation for a blissful civilization. We cannot separate community by race, culture, language, political agenda or economic supremacy. We are all part of this world so we must share the bounty it provides. We must rise above greed, corruption and immoral behavior, have faith in one another and create bonds of trust and loyalty.
With a global community perspective we can achieve human fulfillment. Through a shared responsibility to create a fair and just world for all, we can secure our future.
Democracy is the voice of the people so we must listen to the concerns of all, recognize the obligation to restrain resentment and live with a moral code that proclaims what is justice for ourselves, is justice for all. It is we the people who constitute the supreme and fundamental factors of policies. The evils which have come upon us are due to the lack of commitment to human association. We are not honest with ourselves in facing the facts of our own lifestyles and we are too often led by radical influences to find scapegoats so we may lay blame upon others while disregarding our own faults. We have the capacity to make a difference, but we remain complacent while others make this world unsafe and unstable. It is time for all good people to accept the simple, self-evident truth that the whole of human race must act as one. Society as a whole, collectively, must create structured communities where all can live and prosper, whereas, together we defend these communities from violence, lawlessness, corruption and tyranny.
We can call this collective effort a democracy, whereas democracy is defined as the free and equal right of every person to participate in a system of government, executed by electing representatives of the people by the majority of the people. This effort can be a basis for a constitutional republic, whereas a constitutional republic can be defined as a political system or form of government in which people elect representatives to exercise power for them under a group of people who are considered to be equals and who have a collective interest as constituents in a prearranged community while maintaining a significant influence along with other communities on the concerns of national interest, under the foundation of a constitution.
Such a system would have to remain inclusive to the people represented by the government. A system of power sharing which relies on local municipalities taking care of their own obligations and working / cooperating with other local and state agencies to ensure national goals. A system where exclusive laws do not justify the expansion of a Centralized Government against the will of the majority, because the efficiency of society becomes impaired when responsibilities are set aside as a centralized obligation. Issues concerning a community need to be obligated at a local level and controlled by municipalities and agencies most concerned about the final outcome. When local governments and local municipalities manage their own policies, the local people are closer to the policymakers and the policymakers are more accountable to the people. We cannot allow a Centralized Government to control such things as electoral process, education, energy, infrastructure, wages, health care, etc. What works in one part of the world may not be suitable for other parts. The elected representatives of each individual community have the responsibility of knowing what is best for their constituents and should pursue these obligations as their public duty.
One exclusive law which would forbid the expansion of a Centralized Government against the will of the majority could be a reflection of the Unites States of America's Tenth Amendment. The Tenth Amendment was drafted to keep powers which were reserved for the Sates and the people away from the United States Federal Government. The potential for a power struggle between the Federal Government and the State Governments was a great concern for the founders. This distrust came from the experiences of British rule over the colonies and the goal was to limit the control and expansion of the newly formed American Federal Government. The main objective of the Founders was to create a Republic where local issues could be managed by local governments and to avoid a centralized federal power which could impede the liberties of individuals to manage their communities in a way best suited for their needs. By delegating limited power to the Federal Government the States and the People were free to exercise their self-governing rights as sovereign people, thus preventing a centralized federal presence.
The fundamentals of these principles are based on the opportunity that debate and discussion lead by the representatives of the people will contribute to a quality society. Belief and opposition are part of the human experience, therefore debate and discussion are virtues of civic integrity which hold value in a democratic society. No matter how unfavorable it may be to others, even if those others are in the majority or the ruling party, democratic societies must protect freedom of speech. Within a democracy all laws and every phase of government is open for scrutiny, giving all the right of possession to examine all laws and the actions of government to ensure they are appropriate for the masses. Laws, governments and institutions are justifiable only if they contribute to the progression of humankind. We must express the value of individualism through a strong conviction of equal participation in governing issues. The value of human life lies within the individual and each person merits equal opportunity to speak so long as it does not cause harm to others.
Our concern needs to be for humanity as a whole. There is and can be no specially privileged nation, race, gender, religion or corporation. There is no calling higher than humanity itself. Ideas to the contrary are only someone's desire for special privileges and cultural imperialism. We are all members of one species inhabiting one little planet. Our race, nationality and gender are all accidents of birth. We have to work together to restore humanity or we will leave our children with a chaotic world. If we continue as we are we will destroy humanity, collapse of society and loss of order will be impossible to avoid and we will be left with a mere brutal and prehistoric survival.
Imagine a worst case scenario where society collapses and all order is lost. No government, no grocery store, no gas station, no utilities, no work force to maintain infrastructure, only a lot of desperate people fending for themselves. If we pull our resources together perhaps we can avoid such a great disaster. If it remains inevitable we can at least be prepared.
We have to face the fact that we are living in times of decadence where people are disconnected on matters of morality, justice, compassion and equality. We can no longer have confidence in clergy, government, corporations or financial institutions. These past few decades have seen a great decay in society. Unity and common purpose do not exist and lack of association is giving rise to worldwide civil discord.
Defiance of moral principles in our religious institutions, trade related imbalances, manipulation of currencies, fraud, over consumption, corruption, organized criminal activities, piracy, rampant drug use, human exploitation, a broken justice system, crimes on humanity, war, rogue nations, radical extremism and religious fanatics are causing severe civil, financial and environmental crisis throughout the world. One example is that wage and hour laws and health, safety and environmental regulations do not apply in some countries, causing, exceptional economic imbalances and severe environmental and health problems. Another serious problem is the lack of common law and the inability to enforce laws internationally. In the long run these abominations will destroy humanity and those who survive will be extracting what is left from the ashes.
It is human nature not to agree with everything, but should opinions and beliefs separate us as one. It is essential for the success of society to promote the development of friendly relations between nations. We must put our grievances aside and work together to solve the greatest social problem currently endangering our very existence. The lack of association.
The solution for uniting people upon a platform of common interest that can enable worldwide cooperation can only take place by providing equal opportunity for all and ensuring common law through mutual agreement, whereas no single nation can dominate or impose their own judgment upon others. The remedy for disorder is to ensure that the power of common law be used as the means by which all shall have the same rights, opportunities and security which we demand for ourselves.
© Copyright 2014 gaurdsman (hraprez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2004861-The-World-Corporation