*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005238-Perfect-lesson
by Riona
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2005238
A story derived from my dream.
{size:4{b}}One day, when I woke up, I found myself with a distorted face.{/b}
How distorted?
My eyes were my ears, my mouth was my eyes. Basically, every part of my face has been messed up. With my head and my face in a jumble, I screamed so hard my throat wanted to rip and stormed around the house frantically. When I finally ran out of the house, ready to go maniacal, I stopped. My eyes (under my nose) got caught on something right under my feet. A package.
"To Ms. Finnula." It said.
Inside the package was smaller box, then a smaller rectangular one, then at the core was a bottle of liquid that looked just like normal water, and a postcard.
"Dear Ms.Finnula.
By the time you have found your face distorted, you must be terrified beyond terror. However, do not worry, for we are providing you with the one and only in this world: The bottle of a thousand faces. With the help of this bottle, not only will you have a normal face again, but also the face of anyone you would like to be and modify it to your liking. Be careful, though, for over usage can bring misfortune.
Good luck to you.
The True Happiness Corporation."
It took no time until the last drop of that magical liquid went slickly down my throat. My face became normal again, so normal it turned banal.
"Such a waste of a miracle. It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance for me to get something of this quality."
With that thought in mind, I drank the liquid everyday, each days turning into a famous singer or a super model, or simply a beautiful girl I saw on the street. Anyone who saw me either admired me, fawned over me or got despicably jealous of me. Of course, I was beside myself with joy. Until that fateful day.
Two months passed, I had been enjoying the game of a thousand faces so much I didn't notice the bottle was down to its last drop.
"Geez! Time just flies too fast for its own good." I whined, staring hopefully at the remain of the magical liquid as if the bottle can refill on its own.
One drop. One last chance to change my appearance and my life. I gulped it down, that last chance, waiting for the greatest masterpiece I could ever make out of myself.
A pig I turned into.
At first, I was stunned at the unbelievable sight reflected in the mirror. After a heart-wrenchingly century-long pause, it dawned on me.
"An overdose!"
That one realization crashed into my head, then "BOOM!", everything exploded inside me once again. One drop. One last masterpiece. All ruined. An overdose. A pig. A pig. A pig. A rotten, filthy, disgusting pig!
Oh! Merciful Gods! How I wished I was transparent. That's right, dissolve into thin air, at least it looked like nothing, not like a stinking pig! Disappear. Dissolve. Die.
Death came to my mind. Was there any other solutions?
I contemplated hard and came up with none. The absolute answer resided within me, irreproachable.
Again, I ran out of the house. Again, I caught a glance of a package under my fat ridden, foul legs of a pig.
In the core of it was, again, a familiar bottle of liquid which looked like nothing but water, and a postcard.
"Dear Ms. Finnula.
You've finished the one and only bottle of a thousand faces. By this time, if the result you have is satisfactory, please throw this bottle away, for it's of no use to you. However, if you are indeed, suffering from over usage, please drink this bottle of antidote. It will turn your face into another one for one time only, and no matter what the result is, you shall live with it for life. Please, be careful.
Good luck to you.
The True Happiness Corporation."
Again, it took no time until every drop of that magical liquid went down my craving throat.
No way would I change back to the ugly duckling I used to be. Beauty I must have, fame I must drown in. Therefore, my old abhorrent face was the absolutel, biggest no!
It's always the best not to be yourself.
I had learned the perfect lesson, hadn't I?





© Copyright 2014 Riona (anticlockwise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005238-Perfect-lesson