*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005283-Roger-the-penguin
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #2005283
Random story about Roger, the penguin. And he's hungry, he's hunting small fizz. kung fu.
As he awoke from the shadows, Roger finds his tummy aching and scrounges about, finding anything he can shove down his watery mouth. Yes, Roger was hungry. Hungry for some fooz. Yes, fooz and not food. Walking out in the open area, Roger looks towards the cold icy sea and thought to himself "Need Fizz, need fizz now!" With all his might, he uses his tiny rubber like feet and runs toward the open sea, diving in, head first.

For the penguins, the cold freezing sea is a haven, a Utopia if you'll call it. A sacred place to gather and swim with their fellow comrades as they hunt for their preys. It was embedded into their DNA to hunt for their prized possession, the fizz. Fizz comes in all variety of sizes. There's the big fizz, the medium fizz and the small fizz. The best one was the small fizz. Even though the size of the fizz is small, it packs a juicy punch with a kick of mushy cream like goodness. Roger calls it juicy-mushy. He loves the Juicy-mushy but it's difficult to catch. It's the fastest one of em all but Roger wasn't going to give up today. He was determined to find one, even if he had to expend every ounce of his energy to hunt for it.

Roger was on the hunt, readying his mouth at each turn, targeting any small objects out in the distance. He swam to the left, to the right, to the very bottom but no avail! Soon, Roger was out of breath so he swam back up and flew up into the sky like free willy and dove right back in, all done in less than 5.2432 seconds. Yes, he was that determined and that eager to find this small fizz. "Small fizz good", Roger thought as he swam every inch and nook around the area. "Small fizz good!!" It gave Roger the energy he needed to keep him going. He repeated it over and over inside his tiny little brain. "Small Fizz good!!!"

5 hours later.

Rosa was a friend of Roger. No, she was more than a friend, she was his lover. She awoke a few minutes ago, wondering where Roger had gone. She dawdled left and right, left and right until she was near the exit of the cave.Out in the distance, she could not see anything as the beaming sunlight lasered right onto her face. That's what you get for looking directly at the sunlight Rosa. Her beak was telling her to stop looking towards the light and finally she looked down a bit, almost down to her natural eye level, aww, there you go Rosa. She saw something out in the distance. It was moving up and down as if it was jumping. It was jumping! It was Roger! Roger had done it, he had finally caught the small fizz. He was so happy that he was doing his ritual penguin dance called "Small fizz good". It was the perfect name for the perfect dance.

FInally he was ready to grub on his small fizzes. But wait! Roger had felt something evil lurking at the other end of the small island. It was Rosa! She smelt the delicious fragrance of the small fizz and ran towards Roger. Dawdling left and right, left and right as fast as possible. But Roger could see it in her eyes. She was ready for battle. Ready to kill Roger for the small fizz. Oh, the cruelty! What will Roger do? Kill and protect his prize possession he had worked so hard to attain? Or should he try and convince Rosa to share the small fizz? But no, it was too late. Roger could see it in her eyes. Those were the eyes determined to kill anyone who would get in her way. Roger knew what he had to do and it had to be done right away. He would have to put this crazy b out of her misery. The clock was ticking and Rosa was closing in on him. He readied his fins, mustering all the remaining energy he had left. He remembered what his kung fu master had taught him 5 days ago. The art of fin fu. It was these exact words Roger had remembered "Turn to the left and then turn to the right, your fins will do the rest my apprentice." With wide eyes open, Roger was ready. It was go time!


TO BE CONTINUED
© Copyright 2014 DreamWisp515 (a-lostdream515 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005283-Roger-the-penguin