*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005540-Societys-True-Love
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2005540
I need to expand on it, but I just want to know what you guys think so far.
  Don't you ever just get the urge to tell someone, "I love you"? The three powerful words that can be the difference between a happy or sad future? Do you ever want to get that part of your life over with, so you can concentrate on something other than trying to find true love? I can't be the only one.
  I've always wanted a man that was smart, handsome, and was destined to go somewhere great in life, but then I realized that know one is perfect; no one will be the exact things I want them to be. What are the standards for being smart or handsome? What if  some people want to work at a fast food restaurant, and believe that is a wonderful place to spend the rest of their lives? Today in our society this behavior is looked down upon, but really people need to be who they want to be.
  I use to think everyone was perfect, that they were all princes and princesses, when did that state of mind change? I know! I grew older, and society told me to forget about all that and believe in the future; believe in the real, cruel world.
  I'm sorry society, but today is the day I rebel, today is the day I go against society's "normal" standards. I hope others like me follow suit.
  I realized the guys I like are the guys with their own mind. I'll have to wait,  though, because guys think society is always right. He'll be mine and his own at the same time, but until then, I'll wait. I'll wait for my man any day, never losing faith that he'll come. What about you?
© Copyright 2014 ImMortalAmy (immortallove10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2005540-Societys-True-Love