*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006535-13--News-Item
Rated: E · Other · Steampunk · #2006535
A short item found in the New Praetoria Times
HIGH COURT HOLDS PANDORA FAULTLESS

In a surprising announcement made in London August 5, the High Admiralty Court dismissed all charges of piracy laid against the captain and crew of the Airship Pandora in the incident that led to the destruction of HMA Cloudwitch in the skies over Hy Brasil on or about June 6, 1887 Constant. New information revealed by a most reputable source, and verified by the Admiralty, indicates that Pandora's captain and crew were defending themselves from an unprovoked attack by the ill-fated Cloudwitch. The cause of this attack remains a mystery, and is under further investigation. To further this investigation, the Admiralty has posted an immediate quarantine on Hy Brasil with a 5 League/5 Year radius effective immediately. This quarantine will be in effect until further notice, and all transit in that zone is discouraged due to dangers that might be present for the immediate future.

Dispatches have been sent to all corners of the Aether and the Empire to notify all that Pandora is a ship with her honor restored.

In an unrelated announcement, the firm of Grassley and Croak, Ltd has been selected to refit several of Her Majesty's airships in the coming months, as well as creating a new, sleeker design for future airship construction to be used by the Royal Navy and the Time Brigades.
© Copyright 2014 Vincent Coffin (vcoffin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2006535-13--News-Item