*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008429-Tubular-Crystal-part-Sunrise-chapter-01
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2008429
Story about man and his friends living in near future.
Story Description:
Story about man and his friends living in near future. Our hero is living simple life of space marine, trying to solve his own problems, until something stepped in his way. People will die and whole world will start to fear the incoming end.

The year 2143, the planet Earth is ruled by peace and quiet. This, however, does not let Commander Lukas Freez sleep peacefully.
Lukas Freez is Commander of the armed forces group called Pirates of the further stars and he's doing his function conscientiously already 5 years.
As a veteran of the Redmean wars would have deserved a rest, but life in the army changed him so much that he couldn't return home as a civilian.
Even if it was possible in his case...
Freez has been "manufactured" as a genetic experiment of the other organization, whose goal was to restore the potencial of Luke, the globally known phenomenon, which managed to reach minus intelligence and not die.

Luke itself was such a caliber of genetic material that PoTFS was willing to pay millions of credits for him.
The Experiment, which had to release his that potential failed and it was necessary to transfer it elsewhere. That's how commander Freez appeared on scene.
However, Freez talked about that topic only a little and most of people prefered to avoid contact with him. Maybe bacause of that.

One day Commander Freez decided to leave his underground office and enjoy few hours at the surface.
Modern society, which belonged to groups such as the GPI, GaVi or PotFS, and so on, lived in the complex protected by powerful shields away from the remnants of the cities, mostly in the deep woods.

The Commander took the elevator to the upper floors and into his eyes, not used to bright light, struck the sunlight. He retreated back into the shadows and put on sunglasses. Then he dared again to enter into the stream of photons.
How he was walking through streets of the city, the colors and scents were giving him a headaches. People around him were calm, walking in the hard armor he was wearing on him was nothing out of the ordinary.

"An hour and enough. I will never get used to so intense sunlight." The commander said to his friend. His name was Lucas "Surhis" Surgent. He sat with him at a table in one of the unnamed restaurant.
Surhis nodded and nudged an elbow into the Linda Audi, their great sharpshooter and a loyal friend.
Linda was about a year younger than Cmdr. Freez, which made her the youngest officer at the PotFs academy.

A whole bunch of these three friends formed an elite group of seasoned veterans from various conflicts.
It is not even necessary to say, they were often hired on a variety of missions within the territory of their fraction and in the fights against groups of Secvoj and Redmean and their suppressing deeper into the uninhabited areas.
Freez didn't like any single bit of it... a nightmares reminding him these fights plagued him every night.

The engineers of the various groups were working on a gunship for the annual race, which should be starting in three months and PoTFs needed to win badly. Credits paid for a first price were enough motivation to work quickly.

Pirate faction should be represent by the ship class called the Black Panther from Thenory Hardware and commander Freez was the one of the three pilots, who should lead them to victory. It was no wonder that his interest was that the ship get the best materials from the entire repertoire.
However, he couldn't allow to put his studies on academy for some race and government wasn't happy about it.

The date of race got closser and PoTFs needed to win. By obtaining the first prize would mean obtaining sufficient finances to pay the debt, which once was among the pirates and Ventura Stars team.
Ventura, the clan living at an unknown location, were mysterious as they could, but the rumors about their strength and technology were majestic.
On top of that, they owned the largest ship ever made: B8/480e Commander Warrior ship, flying fortress of steel.
It has never been clear how Thenory Hardware managed to build something like that.
Just this fact was large enough motivation to win.

Surhis again nudged to Linda, but she did not move.
"Hey Linda!" he tried it louder, but failed again.

To their table went the gorgeous Thenory waitress. Her feline features, her claws glinting in the artificial light, beautifully balanced curves attracted attention and her oval face with a pointy snout flanked the bright long wavy hair. Her eyes were like two emeralds, while dark brindle coat were jzst sparking.
The long tail with a red bow at the end was the top of her beauty. Thenorian girl was dressed in uniform, which was ochre t-shirt and dark skirt.

"Hi Marines. What would you like? "she said in a ringing voice when she arrived to their table.
"I'd like you." Freez heard a Surhis when he was busy with ordering the food, and he couldn't do more than to laugh.
Yes, that Thenory was really the Crown Jewel of their species.
"Please bring us two ciders and I would like to have the salad. It doesn't matter which one, just awoid anything too extreme. Linda, what do you want to eat?" said Commander and tried to awoke his sleeping friend.
"WH-what?" woke up Linda and blinked furiously. Thenory waitress giggled quietly and Surhis looked dreamily at her.
"What do you want to eat?" asked Freez again. Linda stared at him for a while with blank expression on her face, and then turned to the waitress: "Pancake with strawberries and a coffee without sugar." she said and her head dropped again on the table.

Thenory has written everything down on the paper and with words "I'll be right back" walked into the kitchen.
Freez turned on Surhise and pointed his thumb to Linda: "what's wrong with her?"
"She played poker until three in the morning again. I know this because I arrived about a half a hour before 3 o'clock from the Center, and she was sitting behind the console.", Surhis said, and he grinned," maybe it will also be the reason why she was so pissed off. Probably lost pants in one of the games. I told her that against those Anthro-beasts she has no chance. "
Surhis, of course, alluded to the fact that Thenory are unbeatable in poker, due to their training, self-control, referred by themselves as Kua-li, almost similar exercise of the samurai from the old times.

Thenory waitress arrived with two bottles of cider, salad and pancakes and coffee for Linda.
"Bon Appetite", she said before she went to gather order from other guests.
The salad was noticeably better than the last time, maybe it was also a bacause that Freez has eaten nothing since the morning. He dig into his meal and hoped that Surhis stopped to stare at waitress' ass.
The smell of coffee could really woke up even the dead-tired Linda.
"Finally, a good cup of coffee." said Linda, now fully awake.

Chapter 01 end.
I would like some feedback on this one.
You can find me on fictionpress.net :
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3214494/1/TubularCrystal-series-part-Sunrise
© Copyright 2014 Eternity (eternity_lda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008429-Tubular-Crystal-part-Sunrise-chapter-01