*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008629-Lesson-3-Exercise
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #2008629
Rules 13 - 16
Lesson #3 - Exercise


1. The severe drought in Texas requires citizens to use more water. Consequently, [11] the greedy water company raised their rates.

2. George was brought in to maintain order in the class, [1] yet he is distracted by his crush on Pat.

3. Chip cries in frustration[13] every time his cable goes out.

4. After Bob ate supper, [2] he went to his desk and wrote a poem.

5. He never understood why all his friends had viciously [15] turned against him.

6. Mr. Poe was a difficult, [3] stubborn poet.

7. Betty lived in a white[4] log cabin.

8. Pat, [5] the leader of Showering Acts of Joy, [5] writes poetry and short stories.

9. The puppies looked guilty, [16] their tails tucked between their legs.

10. The woman who interviewed you[6] is my sister.

11. Eureka, [12] you decided to put a comma there.

12. The book [7]that I borrowed from Pat is excellent.

13. Bob listens to his teachers without yawning,[8] studies his lessons,[8] and submits his assignments on time.

14. Remarkably,[14] he never understood why all his friends had turned against him.

15. Once upon[9x] a time there was a lonely comma in a dark forest.

16. An interesting book was once written [10] explaining the natural habitat of the endangered Comma.
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2008629-Lesson-3-Exercise