*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009012-How-Can-I-Say-This-Nicely
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Thesis · Other · #2009012
Where has the work ethic gone?
         How can I put this in the correct terms, so that anyone of working age can understand it?

If you are physically and mentally ABLE to be out in the workeforce, then it is required of you to do so. As a collective, we all have this unspoken rule: as soon as you generate bills that your parents are not legally obligated to pay for, you get a job. That's just how it works.

         Kids today though...I almost have no words to describe the largest population of post- pubescent freeloaders I have ever paid taxes for. These young "adults" (used very loosley) are for lack of a better word idle miscreants with no sense of purpose to ponder. I would almost feel pity for them if they weren't so busy getting everyone in the free world who garners a paycheck, to feel so sorry for them so as to obtain free..well, everything. Rent, food, phone, entertainment, vacations etc. etc. all free of charge. It's the craziest damn thing! Don't these kids know "There ain't nothing for free"? We all pay for everything...it's ALL connected.

         Someone, or something or some event will happen in the lives of these individuals to yank their pedastals down from the clouds out there La La land where they haven't a care in the world, except who will pay for their next experience. Honestly, these modern day vagabonds are living pretty darn great off of all of our blood, sweat and tears.

          We are a generation of hard working people who are being duped by a tech-savy generation of con people. They know how to manipulate people out of their spare change better than a homless person on the street with only two limbs and a dog with a limp. Gimme a break! This madness has to end! I for one am doing something about it. I refuse to fund any young persons anything unless they have a J O B. I don't care if it's my 23 year old son or the neighbor's kid selling me a candy bar. Done. Purse strings tied shut. Bank CLOSED!

          As adults, it's up to us to teach these theives how to value the hard work it takes to make a single dollar bill! It's up to them to learn that that value spills over into how you define everyone else in their world. These treasure hunters only seek gold from their next host...it's time they learn the underlying pathos of treating others as if they were their personal bank accountants... the transaction process may differ, but the idea is exactly the same except there's a little more manipulation involved on the "withraw" process...Truly.
© Copyright 2014 Christine Perry (christineperry at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009012-How-Can-I-Say-This-Nicely