*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009270-Raven-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2009270
Prologue to Raven
Shadows like dark hands snake out across the floor, the spindly tendrils of clawed fingers making their way to their mark, the small boy crouched by the shattered window through which he had abruptly, and not entirely of his own will, entered. Tiny shards of glass glistened painfully off his pale hollow face leaving gleaming streaks of red to trickle down into a small pool by his feet; turning his dark boots a dull red as the soft canvas soaked up the life that his body was leaking. With hands trembling he attempted to wipe some of the blood from his forehead so it wouldn’t get into his eyes as he assessed the situation. He was in a boarded-up flat not too far from the central square of the town. At least that’s what they had told him, he wasn’t exactly expecting to be thrown into a situation like this at hardly a moments’ notice. Not that he was complaining, he thought it a better alternative to being dead, but then again either way he may wind up back at that roadblock again if he wasn’t careful; he needed to hang back and reassess, that’s what they told him “always assess the situation before running out blindly.” He ran a thin hand through his bright red hair, repeating it until it took focus in his mind. It was good advice but also quite ironic considering that’s the reason he was here now staring at this thing in front of him that, until the last few weeks, he had not known existed at all. That was just it though, until recently there was a whole world that he never knew existed. Until the accident, he had just been a normal thirteen year old with no more thought than to want to hang out with friends. Since the day of the accident everything had changed. Whether for better or for worse he was about to find out.
© Copyright 2014 Daisukee (daisukee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2009270-Raven-Prologue