*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010193-The-Making-of-a-Man
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tami G
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #2010193
Poem about a man
What makes a man? A collection of parts designed to make life? The steel of his arms or iron in his chest? Or is it the brawn of his strength and the brute of his might?
What makes a man grows in the power of his heart.

The Almighty's essence breathed into first man lingers and fills the soul of this man. Love, compassion, and grace curl entwined by courage, kindness and power.
What makes a man breathes with the beating of his heart.

The look in his eyes as he maps her face. The gentleness of his fingertips trace the side of her neck. The softness of his lips when he captures her mouth. The tenderness of his embrace as he caresses the essence of her beauty. The fierce power in his arms when he guards her with his life.
What makes a man beats beside his heart.

He rises before the sun without complaint. Father to his namesake and protector of his seed, care for the life he made his only concern. The day's toil bends but never breaks his form.
What makes a man is the work of his heart.

Fiercely filled with the spirit of the bear, his painted body lifts his burdens with ease. He walks the path his forefathers made, straddling past and present age. Pierced with pain, he brings his love to pleasure. Without measure he fills his loves to overflowing. The kiss of a child, the caress of a woman his true reward.
What makes this man is the love of his heart.
© Copyright 2014 Tami G (tamigl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010193-The-Making-of-a-Man