*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010806-Why-Learn-Writing
by Vivek
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2010806
Why student should learn writing skill.

Why Learn Writing?

"I do not like to write- I like to have written," reflected an American author Gloria Steinem.

Being published is one of my unfulfilled dreams. You might not like writing, but you probably might change your mind after you know the reasons why I push myself so hard to get my article published.  If, by any chance this one gets published, it will be the first one.


In the pursuit of writing, I wrote many articles which editors didn't want to sell. I still remember the days I spent inquiring about the requirements and procedure to send the articles to various newspapers and magazines. After piling up the heaps of rejected articles, I realised that something was lacking in me.


As a novice writer, I needed to improve in all areas of writing, starting with the basics. Finally, I discovered the art of crafting sentences was the foundation for all kinds of writing. Adding flavour to the sentences with the proper usage of parts of speech was my next challenge. So, I enrolled in an online course on 'Coursera' called "Crafting an effective writer," which helped me. Moreover, I searched all the avenues on the Internet to hone my writing skills.

As a student, learning the art and skill to write effectively is of prime value. Many valuable scholarships universities and educational institutions consider 'Statement of Purpose' of much value; sometimes, it is the only major need.  Students are asked to write their aims and experiences in their personal essay or statement of purpose. With this, people get to know a student better and more about their qualities. Scribbling an appealing personal essay is a great task that can be a huge blessing. Students whose articles have been published in newspapers and magazines are preferred in almost all kinds of international scholarships. Often, to get admission in top- notch colleges and universities writing skill is a must.


Obviously, writing is an amazing way of expressing our ideas and opinions. Students with an excellent ability to write great essays, poems, and articles always stand out from their peers. It gives you satisfaction when people read your articles in good magazines and newspapers. Thus, it is a worthwhile skill that every student must develop to advance toward more rewarding careers.

It is believed that writing is just like painting a picture; it is the art of painting our ideas, feelings, and opinions with the proper use of words.

A country can benefit immensely if many people learn to write effectively as it helps to bring out the unheard voices and concerns.

So I am trying my best to become a better writer, and I am falling in love with it.


© Copyright 2014 Vivek (sdabibek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010806-Why-Learn-Writing