*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010916-Shurima
Rated: E · Other · Fanfiction · #2010916
dshjgkhllkdjsgaGSDFH


(As told by by Nasus.)

The burning sands of what's left of Shurima shift beneath the ornate caravan. Within it, Cassiopeia, a Noxian noble. She sits comfortably within, while servants and soldiers alike indulge every one of her whims. They quietly approach a bustling trade post, a place where mercenaries are known to gather and wait for employers. Despite the wide range of talent available, there is only one person capable of fulfilling Cassiopeia's mission.

Sivir, The Battle Mistress. Wielder of a unique blade, with strength considered worthy of Noxian patronage. She agrees to the fine sum of gold offered for her services, and the group set out into the vast golden desert, Sivir guiding them along the way. Nearly a day had passed; the sun had nearly fallen out of sight, when finally they saw massive towers jutting out from the sand. Cassiopeia did not bother to gaze upon them in wonder. She immediately began the process for excavation. Her servants worked tirelessly throughout the night, for no one of Noxian blood would dare show any sign of weakness.

Soon before them stood an enormous ornate door, though Cassiopeia remained unimpressed, and demanded the door be opened or destroyed. It was not long before her servants rendered the door to dust. Once inside, Cassiopeia had eyes for only one thing. At the end of the room stood an imposing stone door covered in glowing Shuriman runes. Above it sat a menacing stone snake, and at its center an imprint that greatly resembled Sivir's blade.

         Sivir approached the door, curiously regarding the door and her weapon. She turned to speak with Cassiopeia, and was met with a knife to her stomach. Cassiopeia quickly grabbed Sivir's blade and used it to pierce Sivir's body once more. Blood dripped from the glistening metal, and Cassiopeia seemed satisfied. She stepped over the dying mercenary and approached the door. She ignored the Shuriman writing on the wall, a warning to all those foolish enough to enter. A curse put in place so many years ago to punish those who would dare break the seal. The curse of a snake. She placed the bloodied blade in the door, and the stone guardian struck Cassiopeia, a bloodcurdling scream could be heard across the desert. She would live to regret her mistake.



The seal broke, allowing the hubris of the past to once again walk upon the surface of Runeterra. My brother, Renekton in all his rage erupted from the door. I had hoped he would never have to experience such anger again. He busied himself by butchering all those who stood before him, once they all fell he left in search of me. Xerath, emerged as well, but he was weakened. His current magical power would not suffice for his purposes. He retreated in hopes of finding a place to restore his power. Finally, Azir emerged from the tomb, only to find that our mistakes had managed to transcend generations.



He saw Sivir, slowly slipping away as blood pooled around her body. It was her blood that had broken the seal. She was the last in the bloodline of Shuriman royalty, but that meant nothing now. All Azir knew was that she needed his help. He lifted her up and hoped that the waters had not yet been consumed by the desert.

He walked deeper into the ruins, until he found a spring of crystal clear water. These waters could cure any ailment, and heal any injury. Once these waters were the privilege of emperors, now most fountains would appear more magnificent.  Azir placed Sivir's weakened body into the pool of life, her blood was quickly wicked away by its magic. Her wounds healed, and she awoke to witness the return of Shurima's Emperor.

Azir stood in the center of the pool, gazing into the ruins. Runes all around him began to glow, for the Royal bloodline had returned home. Azir had returned, and even the desert itself shuddered in anticipation. The last of Shurima's power channeled into Azir's body as to allow him to return his nation to its former glory.







© Copyright 2014 3zekiel (3zekiel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2010916-Shurima