*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012414-The-Power-of-Prayer
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #2012414
Testimony about how God is at work
The Power of Prayer

It would take many pages to express the joy that floods my soul. I had all but given up on my back ever feeling good again. I had been fighting for a month to see some improvement. Last night was the most difficult. I drive a car in my job and my back was bulging and paining. It felt like it would never end. I was driving the car and both my legs went numb as I fought the pain. I almost passed out twice in the shift rom the pain that seemed unending. I could not even rest at night from the pain. I knew only to give it over to God in prayer. I cried when I thought I could not hold my granddaughter. I cried when I realized how much my life had changed. Before the injury I had been running three miles without any problem. I had been lifting people I had come to love as a caregiver. I was at a place when I felt pain when I left five pounds and struggled to walk a quarter of a mile.
Everything changes when you pray. It is the prayer warriors that are the true heroes. I woke up and I felt lighter and though the pain seemed unending. I called the doctor fearing the worst and went forth with all my pain wondering if he was going to put me on some traction machine or tell me that my disc was herniated and in need of surgery as it had been herniated in 1995. The doctor said I was going to heal. There was NO disc damage. I had something called sciatica and it would take time. He gave me meds and some exercises and sent me on my way. I thought it crazy that he thought he even thought I could work.

What a difference a day makes. I went to work and began noticing my legs were not always numb. I was making it through the shift with little or no pain. I fought back tears realizing that God's spirit was raising me up. I was praising and God said we are not done yet. The previous night I had only been able to lift five pounds without wincing. This happened to be the day that we had to put up barricades. There was no place to hide. God said "lift it up". I said "God you have got to be kidding. God said "Lift it up". I as reminded of the man who took up the cross as Jesus marched toward Calvary. I raised barricades and heavy cones much heavier than five pound, more like fifty pounds. And God blessed me. I was still walking and doing my job and made it home. The power of prayer. Lift Jesus up and let the world know JESUS SAVES. *Delight*
© Copyright 2014 drifter (peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2012414-The-Power-of-Prayer