*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013173-The-New-Age
by Renee
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2013173
post apocalyptic story
CHAPTER ONE





I look up at a young man, feeling my body slowly come back to life as all my sinces come back to me. I lift my hands, the frrling of exauhstion coming over me. I taste blood and I look down, seeing blood stains all over my shirt and pants. I sit up, the man gently pushing against my back to help me and I hang my head, pain going through my back as he pushes against it.

" Don't push yourself to hard, love. I'm not entierly sure if what I gave you is a long lasting cure. "

I look at him and nod, my memories hitting me like a frait train.



THREE MONTHS BEFORE

I walk in to Happy Huts resturant, holding the door for my parents.

" Thank you for taking us out for our anniversary honey, " my mom says with a smile. I nod at my mother, walking behind them as we walk to the table. Sitting down, I pull my feet up on the booth seat, holding my knees to my chest and listening to my parents talk. A young man walks up to the table and smiles at me, dressed in a fansy black and white waiters outfit.

" Good evening. My name is Alex and I will be your waiter today. " I smiles up at him, looking in to his bright green eyes. " Are you ready to order? "

" Yes, " my mom says quickly, glancing at me. " I'll have a medium rare steak with a side of seasoned fries and a salad. My husband will have a grilled chicken breast with Huts sauce, seasoned fries, and a salad. "

Alex gives my mom a quick nod and looks at me, smiling. " And for you, lovely? "

" I'll just have a piece of pumpkin cheese cake and Dr. Peper. "

" Oh, " mother chimes in. " Bring out your strongest alcoholic drink. "

" May I see your I.D? " My mom pulls out her card and Alex smiles. With a quick motion, Alex is off, dissapering in to the massive crowd of waiters and people.

My mothers drink is brought out in a tall, white, slim glass with a heavy alcoholic smell. I laugh as my moms eyes widen and she as practicly snatches it out of the bartenders hand. My mom puts the glass to her mouth, taking small sips and letting out a heavy breath. Mother begins to chug the alcohol, closing her eyes, making it seem like the drink is her only concern in the world. The glass is half empty when my mother sits it down, letting out another small breath and I giggle at her.

Thirty minutes has passed and my mom is extreamly tipsy by this point. The first waiter in thirty minutes steps out from the back room and a woman by the door shrieks as the man takes her arm and bites down on it, blood spilling all over the table and floor. Waiters and waitresses begin to run out of the back room, filling the dinning area and devouring people. I look around, half of the people sitting around confused, the other half screaming and getting up out of their seats to run. I look back at the table to see that both of my parents have dissapeared. I cring at the possibilities that could be happening to them right now and I stand as a man comes up to me, a blank expression painted on his face. The man lunges twords me and I growl slightly, extending my leg, and kicking him in the face, making him fal back. I take this chance to run, becoming one of the frantic people climbing over tables and chairs to reach the exit. A man trys to pull me back to escape himself and out of impulse, I swing my fist around, hitting him in the face as he becomes a human lunch for the crazy fleash eaters. I reach the mob of people that are pushing and shoving to get out of the resturaunt. People start pushing me around, and I get angry, pushing the people out of the way. I hear a little girl screaming and I look back to see a little girl that being trampled. Blood was being splattered everywhere from the ammount of people stepping on her. I hear her bones shattering under the weight of people and the last thing I hear from her is her screaming being silenced by a womans heal to the back of her head.

I turn off in an ally-way as I try to keep as quiet as possible as I try to catch my breath. Quiet footsteps come my way and I turn around to see another young girl standing infront of me, looking down. I bent down to her level and look at her as she starts crying. The little girl lifts her head up and stares at me. A piece of her cheek is missing, like someone bit it off. Blood and white ooze dripped from the wound on to her white dress, staining it. I pick the young girl up and look out to the street infront of me. I slowly start walking out into the street when my arm is gripped tightly and jerks, making me almost drop the girl. I look back, to see a monster about to sink his teeth into my arm and I punch him in the face, making him release my arm and stumble back. I pick the girl up again quickly and start running through the street. The streets are crowded with dead people, blood, and the filthy monsters gorging themselves on the corpses of humans. The little girls body begins to go limp against me and I growl, running into the front door of my house and laying her on the couch. The girl lays there and I place two fingers on her neck only to feel no pulse. Tears run down my cheek and I stand up, cursing myself and punching the wall for letting the girl die. I walk to the front door and slam it closed, locking it and leaning against it. The girls body slowly lifts from the couch , her hair falling over her face. I walk towards the little girl cautiously. The girl groans quietly and lifts her head, revealing her pale complection and lunges at me. I lift my leg up, kicking her away from me and running into my room, slamming the door behind me and pushing the dresser infront of the door. The sudden banging on the door startels me and makes me jump.

" Go away, " I say quietly, tangling my fingers in my hair as I sit on my bed, pulling my knees to my chest. " Go away, " I scream. The banging and scratching on the door stops and I look up at the door, unballing myself from my previous position. "What's going on, " I say to myself quietly. I stand up, looking around the room and finding a medium sized pocket knife the I had found about a week ago. Slowly, I walk over to the door and push the dresser out of the way and the door swings open. The little girl jumps on top of me and growls, snapping her teeth at me as saliva drips from her mouth. I attempt to push the little girl back from me, but she's to strong. I open the pocket knife and stab her in the stomach, pulling the blade up and cutting her open. Blood pours out on to me and the girl falls off of me, but still is not dead. I sigh and tear up, crawling on top of her and pinning her throat down with my knee, stabbing her in the head and twisting the knife. The girls struggling stops and she instantly goes limp. I stand up and leave the girls body in the floor and walk to the kitchen slowly, gripping a butchers knife off of the bar.

Slowly and cautiously, I walk back in to my room, closing and locking the door. I sit the knife on the dresser and start rummaging through it. A sound came from within the cracked closet and I jump, starting at the opening. I pick the knife up off the dresser and grip the handle hard, holding it in an attacking position, the blade pointing towards the thing I would be killing. My heart rate speeds up and my breath gets caught in my trachea. I place my hand on the door, taking a slight pause, and I pull the door open quickly, standing back and holding the knife out in front of my to block any attackers. Nothing come out of the closet. I tilt my head to the left and a small, boney, puppy steps out of the closet. I slowly and quietly drop to my knees, holding my hand out to the puppy and letting it sniff me. The puppy walks up to me weakly and lays it's head on my leg. " You poor boy. I'll get you some food." I pick the puppy up, holding him tightly to my chest and smiling at his warmth.



© Copyright 2014 Renee (reneeschitz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013173-The-New-Age