*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013698-The-dark-hollow-closet
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2013698
A scary night of fear .
“No one would find us in here,” I whispered to Ashanti as I sat on the cold floor balled up with my legs pulled closely to my chest.
It was silent; you could hear absolutely nothing. My heart sped from anticipation.
“What if he finds us?” she whispered in a frightened shaky voice.
I fumbled in the dark to find her hand, as I picked it up I began to comfort her by saying, “ Its going to be okay.”
Booom! There was a loud thump outside the door that made us jump in fear. Ashanti began to weep. I held her even tighter than before. I didn’t know what was about to happen but I knew that soon it would all be over. We began to hear faint footsteps. We slid further back into the dark hollow closet. The footsteps began to get louder and louder as he approached the door. My heart dropped. Knowing that this was the end, I put my head down and continued to hold Ashanti close. He swung the door open and grabbed me.
“NOOOO!” I yelled angrily.
Ashanti took off running to find a safer place for next time. I stumped towards the door and began to count.
“1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10… ready or not here I come,” it was now my turn.
© Copyright 2014 Bre'anaLatrice (breanalatrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2013698-The-dark-hollow-closet