*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014506-The-Little-Dog-that-Saved-My-Life
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Inspirational · #2014506
My dog and a walk in the fresh air helped prevent me from committing suicide.
I almost died today. Lord knows I had the means and motive to do it. All those pills in my bag for my Fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety disorder, and pain management. That equals a buttload of medication.



After an hour on the phone with the food stamp office and being told that I would have to provide a letter so that my application would be processed, which was a renewal and should have been processed weeks ago, I hit the end of my rope. I called my best friend, who was on his way to work, and told him that I felt like everything was falling apart. After reassurances that everything would be ok and that we would get it taken care of, he had to hang up. Even your best friend can't be there for you when they have a job that they don't want to lose.
© Copyright 2014 Maleficent (jenbacle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014506-The-Little-Dog-that-Saved-My-Life