*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014609-At-a-Loss-For-You
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #2014609
This is a poetic piece about a personal experience.
I found myself falling asleep in the comfort of your clutch.
Now a week has passed and I lie awake to the sound of my own heartbeat and the stillness of my dark, empty room.
And my companion for so long has been my dog, but after you, I found his company to stand no contest to yours.
Still, I'm sprawled out, perplexed by your ways.
Trying to decipher your blurry lines and inferring the worst from our complicated situation.
I spent my days rattling my brain because nothing in my realm could conclude why you deserted me with no warning or foreshadowing whatsoever.
The recent past still taunts me and your memory haunts me and wherever I go, someone must stop me from losing my mind at the mere thought of losing you...
But, forth I go, day after day, because as easy as it is to forget you existed, it's much more notable to take pride in those times we spent together.
I still have the stories we share and I refuse to neglect my right to tell them to everyone I come in contact with because they were beautiful. Like you.
Every now and then, we'll bring up your name or an incident in which you were involved, but anymore, we're all just negative.
Because who would want to be known as the guy who hurt the girl who gives everything she has just to give to others?
It blows our minds to think that just a week has changed everything so uncertainly.
It's even more unsettling to remember every meaningful, thoughtful word you ever spoke to me or wrote me.
Truthfully, I'm never set free from the grasp of your halfhearted promises, your unfulfilled commitments, or your pitiless games- they've all ruined me.
And in this moment, I'm still unsure if I should move on or wait for you.
My only concern is your return.
I'm longing for you, darling. Please don't make me wait forever, because time is running out.
© Copyright 2014 Cristina Jaqueline (crissybarresi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2014609-At-a-Loss-For-You