*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015134-Sabotage-from-the-enemy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2015134
A small story of how a mission turns disasterious.
“Are you ready?” I asked Axel.

“As I’ll ever be.” He responded with a gleam in his eye.

“1…2…3!!!”

We shot out of our hiding place and dashed over to the next checkpoint. As we were running I saw my comrades lying on the ground. It looked as if the enemy had used them for target practice.

We crouched down behind the fort of our liege.

“What’s that behind the tree?” Axel whispered.

“Where?”

“Over there. Near the guy with the blue bandana.”

I looked over to where he was pointing and saw something flapping. Could that be our target?

“We have to go—GAH!!” Axel screamed.

I flipped around and saw one of our enemies behind us. He raised his gun to me and fired but it jammed. Quickly I grabbed mine and fired. My shot went right into his torso. I started running to the tree. I knew it was to late for Axel.

When I finally got to the tree I felt the color drain from my face. There was our leader with a scrap of cloth attached to his shirt.

“Look behind you”

That’s when I heard a gun cock back and I spun around.

“Well aren’t you a pretty little thing.” The enemy raised his gun to my chest. “To bad I have to shoot you now. And with that he fired. I fell to the ground motionless.

“I got the last one!!” he screamed.

The intercom buzzed and screeched. “And the blue team wins the paintball tournament! Congrats to everyone!”

I stood up and turned to see axel running to me.

I stepped and fell.

That last shot had been real. A puddle of blood began to form around my cold body. I had lost the last tournament of my life.
© Copyright 2014 Squeakers (storminarian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015134-Sabotage-from-the-enemy