*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015144-Alls-Fair-in-Love-and-Candy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by beavz
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2015144
Halloween deception
On the cold fall night of October 31st, I roamed the neighborhoods with only one thing on our minds, candy. I mean we.  We searched far and wide knocking on everyone’s door that had his or her porch light on yelling trick or treat with the brightest smiles on our innocent faces. Being the smart kids that we are, we started at the rich kids house mopping up with king sized Hershey bars and Reeses cups. We had it all routed out perfectly. We would raid the rich people then work our ways back home, hitting the smaller houses on the way. We had until nine to make a pile as big as big as us, and with my squad of hooligans, I believed that we could do it. Little Timmy from down the street, me (Joe D), and Big Rick.

         At 8:51 we head down the dimly lit street with pillowcases full of tooth rotting potential mumbling back and fourth.

“Hey little Timmy,” stated Big Rick.



“Yeah man,” replied Timmy



“How much candy do you think we got tonight,” he questioned.



“That’s easy,” I cut in “ two thousand and fifty seven pieces.”



“HECK YEAH,” they both scream in unison, then fade to silence.



A devious smile filled my face as we approach our street.



“What’s that behind the tree,” I question



“Where,” asks Timmy?



“Yeah, where,” mimicked Big Rick.



“ Right There,” I said pointing to the big oak tree across the way. “go check it out and ill watch the candy.”



“Okay,” they agree and head to look.



Before they turn and look, to yell that nothing is there, I had already snatched their pillowcases and skedaddled towards my home 



HA, you know what they say, Alls fair in Love and candy.

         



© Copyright 2014 beavz (baylorteaver3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2015144-Alls-Fair-in-Love-and-Candy