*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016104-Debt-Collection
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2016104
A vampire collects on a debt. Drawing upon the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
Anna and her husband Mark pulled into her father’s driveway, and approached his front door. She the last time she saw her father was Christmas the year before. They barely spoke two words to each other, and then things went back to the way they were. Her father was addited to drinking and gambling. He didn’t have time for much else, so Anna was surprised when he called her and invited her and Mark over for dinner for her birthday. Her father opened the door before she was able to knock and ushered them inside. Anna felt something was amiss but decided to let it go in lu of enjoying this rare occasion. She noticed that there were strange men in her father’s house. One in particular seemed to be fixed on her as she made her way into the living room. Her father made introductions with a nervous laugh.

“Anna, Mark, this is Dillon Distain,” her father motioned to the man that had kept his gaze locked on Anna.

Dillon stepped forward, and took Anna’s hand in his. The hands that clasped hers were cold and tightened possessively when she pulled away. His dark hair curtained his face when he leaned down and pressed cold lips to her knuckles. He smiled at her with a sharp fangs and red eyes.

“Vampire,” Anna gasped. She knew of their existence from their debut to the general public. She had done research of her own, and knew that Dillon Distain was also the vampire king of Kentucky. “What brings you so far north?”

“I am here on business,” Dillon purred. He pulled Anna closer to him. “You see I loaned your father money to bet on the Derby, and he is not able to pay me back. So, I am collecting on the debt by seizing his collateral.”

“The house or the car?” Anna inquired. She attempted to free herself from his grip, but he merely wrapped his other arm around her waist to keep her against him.

“No, precious,” Dillon drawled. “Our agreement was for money, or you.”

“Now wait just a damned minute!” Mark lunged forward to pull his wife from the arms of the beast. He was snatched from behind by one of the other men in the room. Before he could speak the monster sunk his fangs into Mark’s neck. Mark made a soft gurgling sound as the creature drank thirstily from him.

“No!” Anna cried.

“Don’t look, precious,” Dillon turned her away from the horrific sight of her husband being devoured. They could both hear the other vampire’s groans of pleasure as he sucked down the wet sticky blood of Mark’s life. “Make sure you get all of it Lewis. We don’t want to leave James too much of a mess to clean up.”

With that he lifted Anna into his arms, and carried her toward the front door. She struggled in his arms, but his strength was enough to subdue her. One of his other cronies opened the door for him. James moved to stop him, but flinched bakwhen the other two men in Dillon’s entourage blocked him, and bared their fangs.

“It was a pleasure doing business with you, James,” Dillon looked back over his shoulder. “I’ll send word when arrangements have been made for the wedding.”

With that Dillon left the housed carrying Anna to a limo that blocked James’s driveway. He set her on the bench seat, and she crawled across to the opposite end. The door opened on the other side and one of Dillon’s cronies climbed in, blocking her excape. He pulled a white handkerchief from his breast pocket and whipped the smear of red blood from his mouth. Lewis, Anna realized. Dillon slid in on her other side. The limo pulled away as soon as he closed his door.
Word Count: 641
© Copyright 2014 Vixey Todd (jlh1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2016104-Debt-Collection