*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017021-Love-Romance-Death
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Drama · #2017021
Molly gets involved with the popular boy in school, Andrew. Will they both change? Molly?
*** ON HAITUS: this story is not finished yet. Check back at times to see if I have updated***

Chapter 1

Today had to be the best day of my life. It's the first day of senior year; finally. I drive around the parking lot of my school for a few minutes until I find a spot. I am thankful to find a spot in the senior lot in school.

"Are you sure you want to park here, Molly?" my best friend Mackenzie asked
"Yea. I promise to not get into a car accident, again. Come on. We have class."

We got out of my car and headed to the school. I ran into my friends Emily, Mickey, and Hailey. I ran towards them and hugged them all tightly.

"I've missed you guys all summer!" I said as I hugged them
"Molly, we've missed you too!" Emily said
"We should've hung out more over the summer." Mickey said

I took out my schedule and so did my other friends to see if I have classes with any of them. Thankfully I do have classes with my friends. Even lunch.

"That's awesome that we have classes together." Emily said happily

Everyone else agreed with me. The bell rang for class and everyone started going to class.

"Well, lets go. We have English now. This year is going to be great." I said happily

We started walking down the hallway getting to class when the late bell rings. We sprint down the hallway and get to class out of breath.

"Ladies, you're late. Take your seats." our English teacher said
"Good morning class and welcome back to school. My name is Mrs. Duggar. Welcome to English 4 honors."

I take out a piece of paper and scribble something on it before Mrs. Duggar can see it.

Emily, this year will kill us.
Molly, I know it will but weâll get through it hopefully.
Emily, I sure hope so.

"Alright, your homework tonight is to write a 7 page essay what you did this summer. Itâs due next class."
The entire class moaned and groaned. Why must we get homework on the first day of school.

"Mrs. Duggar, why are you assigning us homework on the first day?" some kid in our class asked
"Because I believe in getting homework every day no matter what day it is." Mrs. Duggar said sitting down "Alright, the first book we will be reading in class is The Blind Side which is also due next class. Read the first 3 chapters and write a summary on each chapter."

I am writing my homework down in my planner for homework. Well I know what I'm doing after school. Homework. The bell finally rings and we all bolt out of class. Lets have the rest of the day keep going and hopefully not getting homework.

***
Lunch rolls around and me and my friends all sit together.

"So, senior year is going pretty well." I said breaking the silence
"Yea it is. We're going to be so stressed in English tho. Especially when sports start."

Everytime I look up, I see someone looking at me. It looks like the football star of the school. I don't remember his name tho. Mickey realizes that he's looking at me and nudges my shoulder.

"Hey, Mr. football star is looking at you." Mickey said in a whisper
"I know. I don't know why he is tho. If only I could remember his name." I said tapping my chin
"His name is Andrew. He's been Mr. popular since 6th grade."

The bell for lunch rung telling us to get to class. As I'm walking to class, someone bumps into me which cause my books to fall out of my hands.

"Hey! You just knocked my stuff out of my hands. What's wrong with you!" I screamed at the guy

Come to find out, it's Andrew. He turned around and just stared at me.

"I'm so sorry." he mumbles

I grab all my stuff and pass by him getting to my class. This just ruined my day.






































Chapter 2

Thankfully I have the class that Iâm best in now. Creative writing. I sit down just in time for the bell to ring.

"Good afternoon students. Iâm Mr. Downs and I will be your creative writing teacher. I am giving everyone assigned seats. Please collect your things and stand in the front of the classroom."

The entire class moans and groans about getting assigned seats. Thankfully a good majority of my friends are in this class so I might be sitting by them.

"Alright. Front desk first row is Arturo Anderson, then Stephanie Antoni, then Matthew Brand. Front desk second row is Mickey Daniels, then Steven Delaney, then Emily Ferrara. Front desk third row is Molly McCure, then Jason McCure, then Mackenzie McGuire. Front desk fourth row is Andrew Davis, then Jackson Peters, then Charity Pillar. Alright everyone has their assigned seats and you will be in these seats for the entire year."

I slouched in my seat not excited about sitting here. I look over and thankfully I have Mickey on one side of me, but I look to the other side and I seeâ¦.HIM. The one who tried to help me in the hallway after he tripped me. Great. Just great. I take out a sheet of paper and quickly write something down on the paper and slide it to Mickey.

Look whos next to meâ¦
-Mol

I'm sorry..
-Mickey

"Alright class. How I run my class is that I assign partners that you will be with for the entire year. So the partners are Arturo and Matthew, Stephanie and Steven, Mickey and Emily, Jason and Mackenzie, Jackson and Charity, and finally Molly and Andrew. Remember you will be with this person for the entire year."
You gotta be fucking serious..

"Homework. Write a story of 10 chapters. We have this class today and tomorrow. It will not be due tomorrow but the class after that. I will give you class time today and tomorrow. Happy writing."

***
Class finally ends and I bolt out of there as fast as I possibly can.

"Why why why why am I partnered with him. Why?" I mumble to myself "I have to deal with HIM in creative writing. FUCK!"

I'm walking down the hallway with an angry look on my face. Emily sees me and stops me.

"Hey what's with the face." she said calmly
"I'm partnered with Mr. Popular in creative writing. You should know you're in that class as well." I said angrily with a little sass
"I'm sorry. Hey I have an idea. Why don't we just have a girls weekend. Just you and me."

Me and Emily always had the thing of a girls weekend. We planned it since kindergarten and weâve had them throughout our life.

"Yea sure."

***
The bell for the end of the day rung.

"Finally." I mumble to myself

I grab my car keys and go to my car. I start it and I look over to the passenger side to see Andrew.

"Ugh." I groaned and rolled down the window "What do you want?"
"Can I have your number?"
"Why?"
"Well we're working together in creative writing and when I'm writing my 10 chapter story, I wanted you to read it. Plus I think you're cute." he ends with a smile

I kind of blush but hide it. I hand him my phone and he gives me his and we exchange numbers. I put my car in reverse and drive out of the parking lot on my way home.





Chapter 3

I pull into Emily's driveway and is greeted to a happy girl running towards me almost knocking me to the ground.

"I'm so happy you're here!" she said excitedly
"Me too."

I take my things out of the trunk of the car and follow her into her house. I always loved going to Emily's house. It's big and roomy and her house reminds me of mine. So, I never get homesick. I go to her room and plop my stuff there. I head back downstairs to see her jumping like she was a little kid who had a bunch of candy.

"What?" I asked chuckling a little
"Are you ready for this weekend?"
"Hell yea."
"Good."

Her mom comes downstairs and sees us in the living room just staring at her having that giddy look on our faces.

"Girls weekend?"
"Yup." we both said
"Alright. Well I'm going on a business trip this weekend and into next week. Don't burn the house down. Goodbye."
"Bye."

We run upstairs to her bedroom and slam the door shut. We are always home alone. Her mom is on business trips once a week and her dad is on one every week it seems like. So, it's just me, her and her dog, Mason. Mason is a german shepard-husky mix. I plop onto her bed and Mason comes out from the hallway and lays on the bed next to me.

"Hi, boy. How's my baby." I say to the dog
"He got bigger didn't he?"
"Yea. The last time I saw him he was smaller than this."

I dug through my bag and placed my stuff on her bed like I was in my own home. I slipped on sweatpants and an overly large sweatshirt and put my hair into a messy bun and slipped on my Uggs. I go to the mirror that's in her room and just look at myself.

"Damn I'm hot." I say and poke my bun

I head downstairs to find Emily in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked walking towards her
"Getting frosting."

I go into the fridge and pick out a soda. Frosting and soda. Excellent mix...NOT. I open my soda and sit on the counter.

"Why are we eating frosting?"
"Why not."
"True."

I hear my phone ringing in the living room and I hop off the counter and go to get it. It's a text message from Andrew...why

From: Andrew
Hi

Is he trying to be civil? Ugh

To: Andrew
Hi...why are you texting me

From: Andrew
Just cuz.

To: Andrew
Oh.

From: Andrew
Yea¦

To: Andrew
Well I gtg..having a girls weekend with Emily.

I threw my phone onto the couch and walked out of the room.

"Who was that?"
"Mr. Popular.." I say in a low voice
"How'd he get your number?"
"He asked me for it when I was leaving school."
"He likes you."
"What?"
"He likes you."
"How can you tell?"
"The fact that I'm friends with one of his friends and his friend told me that he found out all the classes you're in and switched into them. He did it after lunch."

Why. Why is this happening to me. I know I'm head cheerleader, dance captain of the competition team and an all-star ballerina, but they're are other of my friends who are prettier than me.

We head to the living room and sit on the couch with 5 things of frosting in front of us. We both take a thing of frosting and start eating it as we watch whatever is on tv. A commercial came on and Emily decided to break the awkward silence.

"Hello?"
"Hi Molly."
"Hi."
"What's up?"
"Watching tv eating frosting with Emily at her house."
"Fun. So, there is something I want to tell you."
"Spill"
"I like you."
"Wait. Hold on."

I put my phone on speaker so Emily can hear this.

"Okay. Continue."
"I like you."
"You do?"
"Yes. So I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me?"
"Yes. My answer is yes."
"Awesome. Well goodnight."
"Goodnight."

I hung up my phone and just kept on eating the frosting and Emily stares at me dumbfounded.

"Can I help you?" I said with a mouthful of frosting
"MR. POPULAR ASKED YOU OUT!"
"Yea..so?"
"It's Mr. mother-fucking Popular! How are you calm about this?"
"I just am."
"You're weird."
"I know." I said and shoveled another spoonful of frosting in my mouth

I turned back to the tv to see our show was back on. I finished my tub of frosting within 20 minutes and I open the next tub.

***
2 hours later all tubs of frosting are completed and 2 12 packs of soda. I lay on the couch rubbing my belly.

"Ugh my belly hurts." I groaned and rolled off the couch
"So does mine." Emily says curling into a ball.

I just lay on the floor because if I move, I will be head first in the toilet.

"I shouldnt've eaten the amount of frosting that I did. I feel like if I move off the floor I'm gonna puke."
"Same here."

***
Half hour goes by and I can move again. I head upstairs to her room and just lay on her bed cuddling Mason. Emily went in the shower and I'm all alone in there. I slip off my Uggs and climb under the covers and get myself comfortable. By the time I hear Emily turn off the water, I fall asleep.














































Chapter 4

I woke up to something wet on my face. I open my eyes and I see a furry thing in my face.

"Oh, Mason." I groaned "Get off of me."

I pushed him off my face and he lays next to me; in between me and Emily. I fall back to sleep, but then I hear my phone vibrating. I groan and roll over and cover my head with the pillow. The buzzing finally stopped and I was able to fall back to sleep; kind of. I checked my phone for the time. 8:25. I placed my phone down and fell back to sleep.

"I will sleep as long as I want to." I mumble to myself

***
Walking around Emily's house in jeans, sweatshirt, and Uggs. My hair is still wet from the shower I took when I woke up. I toss my hair into a bun and do my makeup.

After I finish I head downstairs and I see that Emily is in the living room.

"Morning." I said heading to the kitchen
"Morning sleeping beauty." she said and then chuckled

I plopped myself down on the couch after I grabbed a frappuccino out of the fridge.

"Whatcha doing?" I said peering to look at her computer
"Seeing what bowling alleys are close. I was thinking bowling today."
"I'm thinking yes!"
"Good. I'm inviting Jackson. You can invite someone if you'd like."

I take out my phone and text Andrew to text him about the plan.

To: Andrew
Hey. Me and Emily are going bowling today and sheâs inviting Jackson and told me I can invite whoever for me. So will you come with us?

I placed my phone on my leg and tried to balance it.

"Do you like Jackson?" I asked breaking the silence
"What?"
"Do you like Jackson?" I said slower

She looked at the ground when I said that.

"So it's true! You DO like him!"
Maybe" she said shyly
"I'm really good friends with him. He was talking to over the summer on how he broke up with his girlfriend and I spent my day with him eating tubs and tubs of ice cream. The way he looks at you all the time in class shows something as well."
"You think so?"
"I know so."

I see my phone light up and check to see who it is.

From: Andrew
Sure. I'll meet you @ Emily's house.

"Andrew is coming here tonight."
"Ok."

***
It's 7:45pm and we plan on leaving in 5 minutes. Andrew is here along with Jackson, but we're waiting on Emily.

"Emily come on! We have to go!"
"I'll be down in a minute!"
"Ugh she takes forever." Jackson complained
"Tell me about it. I wore this outfit today and was just like I spilled nothing on it and I'm lazy."
"You look adorable." Andrew said and wrapped his arm around my waist
"Alright I'm coming now."
"It's about time!" I scream up to her

As soon as Emily came down, everyone bolted out the door and we took my car. I climbed into the drivers seat and turned on my car and headed towards the bowling alley.

***
"Andrew you suck." I say as we just rolled our first bowl of the night
"Shut up, Molly." he said sitting down next to me

I watch as Emily then Jackson bowl in the lane next to us. I look up to see that it is my turn. I to go find my ball and then take my turn.

"Don't screw up." Andrew said with a slight chuckle

I turned to him and gave him the "death glare". I hurled my ball down the alley and watched it knock down all the pins.

"HA! I didn't screw up." I said and stuck my tongue out at him. "Your turn."

***
After we finished the game, I dropped Emily off at Jackson's house and I went to Andrew's. I entered into his house and made my way to the fridge.

"Don't eat all my food." he said from the hallway
"No promises." I said burying my head in the fridge
"For a cheerleader and dancer you've got a huge appetite."
"I know."

I found the food I wanted and wandered into the living room and placed it all down on the coffee table. There was judgement, but not a lot. I casually stuffed my face until all the food was gone. I layed on Andrew's shoulder and started dozing.

"I think the food is getting to me." I said tiredly
"Want to go take a nap?"
"No. I'll be okay here." I said and yawned

I got really comfy and closed my eyes and end up falling asleep on him.

Andrew's POV
I looked over to see Molly asleep on my shoulder. I moved my shoulder to try and wake her.

"Molly." I whispered. Nothing. "Molly you awake?"

I decided that she needs to be on a bed. I moved on how I was sitting and got her so I was carrying her. I carried her up the stairs and down the hallway to my room. I placed her on my king size bed and covered her, kissed the top of her head and left the room. As soon as I left my room, I heard the front door open.

"Shit." I cursed under my breath

My parents doesn't know that Molly is here or that we're dating. I run downstairs and try to be quiet.

"Ah Andrew. I see you're home. How was bowling?" my mom asked
"Fine. Molly won." I said kind of quietly
"Why are you talking so quietly?"
"Oh..umm...I was just thinking of all the spirits in this house."
"Alright. Well finish coming down the stairs. Me and your father have news for you and your sister."

I hurried down the stairs and headed into the living room and sat on the couch.

"Why are there wrappers everywhere?" my sister Melody said
"Oh umm I got hungry and ate."
"Well next time throw out your goddam garbage next time."

Melody is a junior in high school and varsity cheerleader. She's dealt with Molly as her look up person on the cheerleading team both at school and in the competition team. They don't really get along either and me and Molly are dating..this will make everything awkward. My mom and dad stand in front of us and just stand there.

"Alright. Your cousin is moving in. Her parents are critically ill and we're not sure if they will live. So she will be living with us."
"Are you serious? Rachel is living here? Ugh she's such a bitch to me."
"Andrew! You do not say that about your cousin."
"I love Rachel. She's like me. We do the same activities."
"Well I have news too." I say loudly
"What is it Andrew?" my dad said
"I have a girlfriend."
"Who?" Melody asks "Is it Nicole? I like her."
"No it's not Nicole. It's Molly."
"Awwww." my parents said and Melody just sat there and pouted

***
Everyone went out to dinner and Molly was still asleep. I went upstairs to check on Molly. She wasnât there, but I turned around to see her coming out of the bathroom.

"Hi sleeping beauty." all she did was laugh
"Sorry I got really tired." she said yawning
"It's okay. So you remember Melody?" I said awkwardly
"Ugh Melody. She's such a bitch."
"Well..umm if you realized her last name, she's my sister."

Her jaw dropped to the floor.

"I'm so sorry that I just called your sister a bitch to your face. I didn't know that."
"It's okay. I know she's a bitch."

***
Later that night, Molly drove back to Emily's house for the night. I miss her so. I wish she could've stayed, but I know she had this planned out before me and her started dating.

Molly's POV
I headed back to Emily's house for our girls weekend continuation. I changed into sweats and a sweatshirt and plopped down on her couch in the living room.

"Ugh we have cheer tryouts tomorrow at 7 at night. Can we not?" I said sprawling on the couch
"Just think, we have an automatic spot on varsity."  Emily said sprawling on the floor
"T-shirt and spandex. Great outfit. Oh and a bow."
"Please tell me you have that stuff?"
"Yes it's in my bag haha."

I flicked through the channels on the tv and finally gave up because nothing was on. I went and started searching shows on demand. I found Family Guy and turned that on. I made myself comfy and sat like this until we finished the last show that was on the list.

"Well I think I'm gonna call it a night." I said stretching
"Me too. Lets go to bed."

Me and Emily trotted all the way upstairs and managed to make it to the bed. We both plop on the bed at the same time and we huddle against one another.

"Goodnight."
"Night."




Chapter 5

I woke up and set out my clothes for cheer tonight. I decided that meaning I’m not going anywhere except to the cheer gym we go to for school cheer team and competitive cheer team practice. After I set out the clothes on Emily’s bed, I slipped on slippers and headed downstairs to see her sitting in the living room with her bowl of cereal and cup of coffee.

“Mornin.” I said walking to the kitchen
“Mornin there.” she said with a mouth full of cereal

I found 3 kiwi’s in her fridge, took them out, peeled them, and cut them up and put them in a bowl and went into the living plopping down next to her.

“Excited for later?” I said popping kiwi into my mouth
“Totally. Are you driving or am I?”
“I don’t care.”
“Alright. We’ll figure it out before we leave.”

We keep eating while we watch tv. It got really silent really fast. I decided to break the awkward silence. I placed my bowl on the coffee table and turned to face her.

“So, I see you and Jackson have been hitting it off really well.”
“Yea actually. He’s super nice and I really like him and I think he likes me a lot.”
“Did he ask you out yet?”
“No..I wish he did tho.”
“He needs to.”
“I know. No guy has ever treated me this way.”
“Your last boyfriend was a jerk.”
“He really was.”

I heard my phone ringing and I saw that it was Andrew.

*On the phone*
“Hello?”
“Molly? It’s me.” Andrew said panicked
“Andrew, what’s wrong? You sound panicked.”
“Molly, I’m in the hospital. I need you to get here now.”

I held the phone against my face with my mouth opened wide.

“I-I’m on my way.”
*Hangs up the phone*

“Emily. We have to go.”
“Go? Go where?”
“The hospital.”
“What? Why?”
“Andrew is in there.”

I shove on my Uggs and grab my car keys and bolt to the hospital. I asked the nurse at the desk where he was and they told me his room. I ran all the way there. God I hope he’s okay.   
© Copyright 2014 Autumn Fulgenzi (autty_fulgenzi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017021-Love-Romance-Death