*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017309-The-Decision
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by FauxNe
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #2017309
Flash story as an installment in a mosaic.

FauxNe

The Decision

         Upon hanging up Jerry finally let his frustration out by throwing his phone across the counter hard enough that the battery came bouncing out the back of it. Quickly realizing his outburst of anger he turned to his living room and sat on the couch burying his face into his hands.

         He had finally made it to a point where he didn't need the extra money anymore. It was ironic that the contacts he made from flipping grams and 8-balls is what got him the evening shift tending bar. At this point he knew that he was making just as much as before, only this time it was legit. And it was much easier than dealing with the junkies that had slowly become his regular customer base.

         Peeking through his fingers with a slow breath Jerry realized what he had been ignoring for so long. Everything here had run its course, it was time to get out of the game. But in order to do that he would need to move to another place where there are no histories or contacts. He had roughly $4000 cash locked in a safe in his closet, this was aside from what he had in an account from his wages at the bar. A grin came to his face as he knew he was in the perfect position to do so.

         Jerry became nervous and excited as he grabbed his coat and keys while heading out the door.

         "I'm just going to tell them I'm dry, find a place, and take off." He whispered to himself as he locked the door.

© Copyright 2014 FauxNe (fauxne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2017309-The-Decision