*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020056-the-motivating-stranger
by neer
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Biographical · #2020056
some people add meaning to your life
it was a hot summer afternoon.i was traveling from my hometown to a neighbouring city.i sat in a luxury bus, and i was just gazing outside. suddenly i saw a young man standing near the bus and i was stunnedd! he was a short heighted ,fair complexioned man.everything about him was average except his face which resembled a very popular local singer ,who happens to be my favourite. i took few seconds to recognize and make sure that he is not the one am crazy for. but these micminutes were enough to put him in confusion or perhaps make him percieve something wrong about myself.when i realized that he too has started staring at me, i quickly turned my gaze.before the bus started i was thinking about my foolishness. at the same time i was feeling relaxed that i realized soon about that lookalike of my favourite singer. bus started soon .i starded feeling drowzy. suddenly i turned my head towards my right and i was shocked! that young man was sitting next to me. i was little scared and expected some sort of nuisence from this decent looking man.but to my amazement he has not uttered a word or misbehaved , though 2 hours has already passed. then the bus entered the destined city. it was then wen he broke the silence. very politely he asked "excuse me mam , where have we reached". i was bit reluctant to answer as i thought it was clearly written on the board. observing my reaction he said "actually i dont know the local language". i was melted by his words now,so i replied. then he started asking about my destination ,work home etc. though i never wished to answer , i dont know why i reponded to his questions. i was constanly thinking that he surely thinks something else of me as he might have misinterpreted my staring at him.he was a very keen observour .he noticed my anxiety.he stopped the conversation for a while & then started saying, "you dont seem to be comfortable.why are you so anxious , why are you so afraid of talking to me"? hearing this i was dam sure that he has misunderstood me. i started cursing myself.he was again asking,"why? look you are a human being, a creation of God.God has created all of us . and he has not made any boundaries like whom to talk & whom we should not . you should not resrtrict yuorself. i agree the world is not so safe to talk to strangers but still you can protect yourself. dont think that others can harm you,think that you are capable of defending yourself.and then only you feel free to live.you should have clarity of thought and only then your actions be defined.we get this life only once,so dont restrict yurself so much that you life becomes a waste. be confident. you seem to be a very desent girl, & i wished to talk to you, so i did.thank you so much. i was again surpized .but now my anxiey has settled and my heart was filled with some unknown joy.it was then when i started talking to him & i told him that am going for a job interview . he again started motivating me." be confident about yourself. we all are unique creation of God,so we must take pride in that . always think high of yourself accept your mistakes.be true to yourself. when you speak feel the words and think that you are doing a great job!

next day i entered the interview room .there was a pannel of five administrators.when i was answering there questions, i was feeling a spontaneous flow of energy through me. i was confident. the words i spoke , reflected my clarity of thought. i was literally experiencing that am God's unique creation!

i got that job! and my first wish after hearing this was to run to that young man and share my joy with him and thank him for motivating me.suddenly i realized that he was a stranger and now i cannot trace him. i was filled with sadness.

it has been one year working for my present job.every time i get salary or a reward i long to thank that young man.but i cannot find him ,perhaps he was a God's angel who became "My motivating stranger"
© Copyright 2014 neer (minkgill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020056-the-motivating-stranger