*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020690-Cries-of-the-Four-Legged
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #2020690
How a Pitt Bull dogs sees the world of dog fighting around her.

Cries of the Four Legged                                                                                           

Breana Manley







         I gaze at the moon every night from my cage as the heavy chains around my neck chills my fur. Why does my kind get treated this way by these despicable "two-legged" creatures? I never once have committed any wicked deed on anyone in my life but still they treat us like their little play things to do whatever they desire with.

         Laying here now, I wonder about many things. Such as; "Why was I born into this existence?" and "Don't I deserve better than being thrown to others of my kind like some kind of tasty treat?" My brothers and sisters around me all have turned into demons with pointy ears and wet noses. While I am the only gentle one remaining, which is why I have become the bait for them. The tiny and pathetic one of the bunch. My owner does not even show concern if I get hurt; money seems to be the only thing that he even shows a bit of compassion for. Now I am covered in scares and marks that my brother, Rocky, had inflicted onto me the evening before. I refuse to become a monster like those things that calm to love us. I am a best friend who needs love, not the training tool that my human had turned me into just because I would not destroy my sister, Bella's, face with my teeth.

         Why? Why am I being put through this torment? I thought I was your best friend when you held me that day that I first opened my eyes after being born a few weeks before. Was I not adorable enough for your taste? Or are you just that sick of a person to make me be eaten alive by my own flesh and blood? I cry daily for attention and you just beat me with the end of your rifle to make me be silent. I cannot speak your language and I try to show how I really feel to you and still you ignore me. I adore you, can you not acknowledge that from me? I am supposed to be your companion and you treat me like an old doggy-bone to be thrown away. Which, by the way, you have not given me one in almost six months. I am a loyal friend with beautiful white fur and brown spots; I even have the prettiest blue eyes that my kind can be born with. Is it still not enough? Am I not worthy to be given a proper meal or even just a delicious piece of bacon?

         I howl at the moon to show that I am lonely and need someone to give me company and the love I crave. Yet, not one creature has answered my call. Should I just give up and let myself become deceased in the next match against others? It would be more pleasant than putting up with this for the rest of my life. One day one of my siblings will ultimately decide to take my throat out of my neck. Why do I continue to love a master that performs this onto me? Whimpers leave my throat every time he ignores me to show Rocky and Bella attention, who had put these marks on me in the previous weeks. I am a good friend, if you would just let me show you the love that I have for you, Master. Please, hear my cries? Please, make me your best friend and not you play toy? Please, just love me! Love me like I love you!

© Copyright 2014 Duchess (hamako018 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020690-Cries-of-the-Four-Legged