*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020880-The-Topsy-Turvy-Thing-Called-Life
Rated: 18+ · Other · How-To/Advice · #2020880
A short story about hitting rock bottom
Have you ever stood in the middle of your life and wondered: "How the hell did things get so out of hand?"  Don’t worry it happens to the best of us, I have been there too.

So let us be honest, when you finally do notice the topsy-turvy “thing” you call your life, the most messed up realization is you have no faint idea how to fix that shit! It's like someone sprinkled some magical chaos dust right in the middle of where order used to be… Sigh. It’s like waking up in some surreal world and you need to try and make logical sense of this mess. With common sense your subconscious mind grabs a pen and paper ready to start with a mental inventory listing the mess from A -Z. To the left you have years of accumulated experiences. Some good and…uhm…some unresolved and bad. In the dusty corner covered in cobwebs: a stack of random people labeled; 'so-called friends'. Next to them you find a knife and some broken promises. Moving along, you back step with a quick turn. Now facing a few white lies and some broken ties. This place is overwhelmingly full you stop to realize. Deciding to get out as quick as you can, you trip and stubble and things get out of hand. Deeper and deeper into the mess you manage to slip. Until you hit something, oh reality, solid as ground. (Ouch)

Yip, the hole is deep… so deep that you can't even see a blink of what they call “the light". The truth is there are no ways of climbing out of this dark hole. Forget it, because you are far too deep and it will be way too tiring. But that is actually the good news! “No climbing?” your subconscious asks. I can already see him making cartwheels out of frustration and you are most probably thinking: “Great, no climbing…but then how the hell must I get out of this hole wise ass?” Well there is only one way, you will have to dig yourself to freedom. Shovel straight through all your shit. How do you know that you are going the right way? Easy; with every shoveled heap of unwanted grains of past life, you will clear some space forward step by step.  When your soul starts to feel lighter you are almost at the end, keep going until there is nothing left. Only then your soul would have space to breathe and that alone is the power you need to set you free.

If you want to change, you have to change every single part of your life. Because you cannot do the same thing you have always done and expect a different outcome.  You have to de-clutter your life fully and completely leaving no stone unturned. Get rid of what is old and unresolved. Dust off the memories and place them right, leaving only clarity in sight. When you are left with a beautiful clean open space, only then there will be room for the right things to fall in place.
© Copyright 2014 Jadedjenz (jadedjenz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020880-The-Topsy-Turvy-Thing-Called-Life