*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020900-Snowy-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2020900
A mystery of a girl running away from what will kill her
Winter
While being perused by my captors, I skid to a clumsy halt and take a quick peak over the edge of the steep fall down to the freezing lake waiting below. I breathe in sharply and glance behind me. Shouts from the gunmen get closer as I stall. A dark shape materializes in the snowy haze. I start to panic as the shadow begins to take shape into a woman’s figure. Lillianna rushes toward me as the shouts of the men get closer. Her waist length platinum blond hair billows out behind her ultra-curvy body. Her black outlined blue eyes catch my black ones. She sneaks over to my side. She glares at me viscously and a wicked grin crosses her delicate features.
“There you are! We have been looking for you everywhere! He’s on the other side of the lake waiting for us. Better hurry up before the soldiers catch up.”
I spun around confidently, eager to slip down the steep hill. Her voice whispers against my neck, causing the hairs to stand up.
“There’s only one woman in his life and you’re not the one little girl.”
Hands shove me over the edge. I plunge downward striking every tiny ice cluster on the way. I hear a mysterious snap from my chest region. A dull ache spreads through my numb body. I gasp in excruciating pain as I struggle to keep a hold onto consciousness.
I land on the thick ice with a loud thud, and slide directly out into the center. I hold my breath as I hear a terrifying crack from beneath me. The ice shatters and I’m sent under bone chilling water. The overpowering current tugs me far away from my last chance at survival. I’m spun all around and the light from I fell in from disappears. My hope starts to fade quickly as darkness covers me.
Suddenly I spot an approaching light. I swim up with all my might and reach out toward the light. I grab the jagged edge of the ice. The ice cuts deep into my palms as I tug myself up. My head resurfaced I take a gasp of air. Then I let out an ear shattering scream.
© Copyright 2014 Alexander Weber (sedwards217 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2020900-Snowy-Dream