*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2022147-flash-fiction-entry-1215
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2022147
"everything will be fine"
“Sir! Sir! I need to talk to you!” Miles said bursting into the office “I’ve stumbled across something incredible!”

Behind a stylish white desk sat a middle aged man wearing a lab coat. Stitched in a clear blue script over his lapel, it read “Dr. James Gorlen”

“Dr. Gorlen, you need to see these readings! I have found a huge asteroid heading straight for Earth! If e don’t do something soon, Earth will be destroyed!”

Without rising from his desk or looking from his work, Dr. Gorlen raised his hand and pointed at Miles with two fingers.
“What are you-“ Miles started.

Suddenly, the door that Miles had burst in through was slammed shut by an unseen force. Then, his hand flew to his neck where it had been pierced by a tiny blow dart.

“herghuhhhh…” Miles gurgled as the world faded to black and he collapsed.

Groggily, Miles awoke in an immaculate white room. He tried to grab his throbbing head, but he quickly discovered that the chair he was sitting in was somehow rendering him completely immobile. He couldn’t even blink.

Suddenly, the white walls began to fade to black. A voice echoed out through the room. Miles couldn’t figure out where it was coming from.

“There is no Asteroid” boomed the voice.

A tiny white spot appeared on the now completely black wall. The dot began to swing back and forth as though on a string.
“There is no asteroid” boomed the voice.

“Of course there is!” Yelled Miles frantically “it’s going to destroy everything!”

“There is no asteroid. Everything will be fine.”

An hour later, the dot was still swinging.

“There is no asteroid” boomed the voice.

“There is no asteroid” repeated Miles.

“Everything will be fine” boomed the voice.

”Everything will be fine” repeated Miles.


© Copyright 2014 ben beads (superbeads at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2022147-flash-fiction-entry-1215