*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023642-Nalya---Hunt-for-a-Deer-Foot-Torture
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #2023642
Nalya is a clumsy elf. She tries to hunt a deer but stubs her toe and hops in pain.
Hunt for a Deer

Nalya was no ordinary elf. Most elves were known for their elegance and dexterity. But Nalya was not like most elves. She was quite an opposite.

Nalya had no talent for any craft or an art so it was difficult for her to act as an ordinary elven maiden. On the other hand she was very young and pretty even by the high standards of elves. Her red hair was long and curvy, her figure was lean and her legs were long. She wore a simple woolen tunic, a few trinkets and like most of her fellow elven maidens she walked around barefoot.

On one sunny morning Nalya decided to show the others her hidden talents. She had taken a bow and a quiver filled with arrows and wended to the woods. She was trying to step lightly but she was accidentally stepping on branches and was making a lot of noise. After an hour of walking she finally sighted a deer. The animal was quite a big one, but it didn’t saw Nalya and it was grazing calmly.

This is my chance! Only a few careful steps and I can shoot at it! Nalya thought. She made one step with her left foot, second with the right and accidentally stepped on an old branch. It snapped with a crack that couldn’t be any louder. The deer reacted quickly and started to run away from the noise.

“No!” Cried Nalya and started to chase it. Running through the woods was not an easy task even for an experienced hunter. Nalya has neither an experience nor an agility to do it. First few steps had been fine, but then she overlooked a large root. Her right foot kicked the root right in the moment of a run.

“Ouuuch!” Nalya cried in pain as soon as her big toe connected with the old wood. She forgot the deer instantly, grabbed her sore foot in both hands and started to hop up and down on the other foot.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!” Nalya sobbed while she was hopping up and down on her left foot. Her fingers were clutching her big toe tightly but the pain wasn’t coming away. The elven maiden hopped for a few moments in a small circles on her left foot unable to do anything else than to clutch her stubbed toe and sob in pain.

“My toe! My poor toe! Ouch! That hurts! That hurts! My poor toe!” she repeated between hops.
After a few moments of hopping she was finally able to start thinking about something else than the pain. Her stubbed big toe was throbbing and she had to do something about it. Still standing on the left foot with her right foot held by both hands in a crouch under her she looked around. Not far from her she saw a small pond.

“That could help.” She told to herself and started to hop in that direction. Hopping was difficult for her, because she had lost her balance a few times, but clutching her stubbed toe was too important. After many short hops she finally sat down at the pond.

“Okay, now slowly...” Nalya told herself. She tipped over the edge of the pond and slowly inserted her hurt foot still held by both hands to the pond. Cold water really helped her. In a few moments the throbbing and pain had started to go slowly away and she was finally able to let her foot go. She slowly let go her clutching embrace on her hurt foot and with her right foot still in the pond lied down on her back to grass.

“On, that’s better.” Nalya said with a relief. The pain was almost gone and the throbbing in her toe had slowly faded away.

“Okay, this could work.” She started to cautiously wiggle toes of her right foot. The first attempts had hurt a little but it was better a lot.

“Perfect. Only a few moments and I’m ready to go.” Nalya told herself while she was wiggling her toes in the pond.

Great shot of pain in her big toe made her to cry in surprise and pain. Something stung her big toe. She kicked her foot out of the pond immediately and saw a crayfish holding her hurt big toe in its claw.

“Ouuuch! You small bastard! That’s my toe! Let it go! Stop it! It hurts! My toe!!!” Nalya shouted at the small animal. The crayfish didn't seem to listen. Nalya started to kick with her right leg as fast as she was able in frustration. The crayfish reacted with tightening its grip on the elf’s toe.

“Aaarg! Let my toe go!” cried Nalya and looked around her for something that could help her. She had seen a rock not far from her and grabbed it without second though.

“Come on, you little bastard! I’ll smash your head off!” Nalya declared angrily. She put her foot to the grass, grabbed a tail of the crayfish with her left hand and held out the rock in the other hand.
“Let go!” She called to the crayfish for the last time. The animal wasn’t listening. Nalya slammed the rock down.

The crayfish had to realize the danger in the last moment. It writhed in the elf’s hand and jerked back while releasing her toe. Nalya’s right foot moved a bit. The elf had realized the outcome in the last second, she tried to stop her hand with a rock but was only able to slow it a bit. The rock hit her to the instep of her right foot.

“Ouuuuch!” The elf cried again and clutched her foot in both hands. The hit wasn’t as intense as she intended for the crayfish but it still hurt a lot. Nalya toppled on her back and held her hurt foot above her.

“Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!”She sobbed while she was rubbing the top of her hurt foot with her thumbs. Her foot was throbbing and she tried to ease her pain with rubbing and clutching in the equal measure.
After a long while of rubbing and clutching she finally set back and put her hurt foot in her lap.

“Sorry, I’m so sorry!” She mumbled to herself while rubbing her foot.
The pain had been slowly fading away, Nalya was able to spread her toes and nothing seemed to be broken in her foot. Her big toe was sore but wasn’t bleeding from the clutch of the crayfish. She sat at the pond for some time rubbing her foot till it hurt only a little.

“I think it should be good now.” Nalya told herself and slowly stood up. She hissed quietly in the moment when she put a weight on her hurt foot, but she was able to walk.

“The deer will pay for this!” She promised with a determined look in her face. She turned on her heel and slowly set off into the forest.
© Copyright 2014 Eric Seabrooker (ericseabrooker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2023642-Nalya---Hunt-for-a-Deer-Foot-Torture