*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024014-Above-Water
Rated: E · Chapter · Death · #2024014
When you let someone you love down... It grasps at your soul for years to come.
I ran. My breath heavy and face red. I wouldn't dare look back. The air was moist and the humidity would soon drive me crazy. The only sound, was the sound of my feet crunching against the wet grass. The sticky dew on the dirt was sticking to my bare feet. I have never been so scared, in all my 20 years. I failed her. I tried to keep her alive but I couldn't. I just simply couldn't.


2 MONTHS EARLIER

I smiled, she smiled as well, which made me happy. The sweet smell of honey and apples was what I smelt. The picnic we have every April 21st was coming to an end. I had a extraordinary time, as usual. Living in the middle of Louisiana can be tricky at times, probably because it takes an hour just to get to a grocery store. But I was very fortunate to be living with Amber, my best friend. We have a nice little home in the middle of nowhere, which doesn't bug me. I actually enjoy the peace.
© Copyright 2015 E.S Lutz (emma.writing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024014-Above-Water