*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024337-Rapture-Chapter-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kitte
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #2024337
Andre returns and Eros confronts the Spell Unit that defeated them: Voluptas.
Rapture 5

We had fled from the temple of Zeus after our rebirth. And the next day we went to the coliseum and called in a favor from Chiron to have a match with Voluptas again. He weaved his magic and paid off who he had to and by the last match of the day we were standing across Evelake and Bellamour: Voluptas.

Bellamour was the first to recognize us, "Isn't that the strong Spell Unit we seperated?"

Evelake rubbed his eyes,"What the hell? Is this is a joke? They shouldn't be able to cast spells, even if they have somehow recovered some power they will be weak."

The hate in Evelake's eyes was unmistakable, we were prove of his rare ablity to fail: he was that kind of person.
Bellamour chimed up, "Can you really cast spells again? How is that possible. "

I waited for Lucia to answer them, "Yes. And...it's a secret." Her voice was thick with resentment.

Evelake was done talking, he grabbed Bellamour and stared him in the eyes.

"We are Voluptas. The soul and the mind disconnected; all that's left is your willingness. We will feast upon your desires. No love escapes our gravity."

Their light was less intense than before, was it because of Evelake's anger? No, our emotions could give our spells strength.

I flashed back to the moment before my death when Bellamour had said, "Two souls, two minds, two bodies. I seperate the bond between us: our fate, our destiny, our name..."

They had seperated their bond before they seperated our's, was that why their light had dimmed?

I flashed Lucia my smug face as I calculated our path to victory. I took her in my arms and stroked her hair as she buried her face into my chest.

"I would do anything for you, if you order me to. I would even die." I told her.

"No, baby." She nuzzled my chest even harder.

She looked up at me with those beautiful brown eyes and then closed them. We both said our True Name as we leaned closer in.

"We are Brightstar. We are Hope. A reason to breath. Our soul shines so bright that it illuminates all darkness."

We leaned in all the way and kissed. The light of the Gods filled us and passed between our lips and into each other's souls.

Bellamour was hasty again and tried to test our ability to cast spells, "Rend!"

A razor like wind shot forth with blinding speed.

I didn't even turn towards Bellamour or the spell, "Negation. Solidify." The wind turned to stone and fell behind my feet. I turned and stepped over the stone, facing Bellamour and Evelake.

Evelake demanded, "attack them with force this time!"

Bellamour nodded, "Darkness, veil everything. Without sight there is no affection, without affection no love. No love is no power. Cover them in helpless, stark, cold."

I felt Lucia's arms slip under my arms and wrap around my chest, felt her warmth give strength to me and the words came as easy as breath, "We are a Star, we know the truth. The darkness is composed of tiny fragments of light. Fragments catch our light and illuminate all things."

The veil of darkness that began to fall from the night sky exploded into sparkling light.

Evelake was furious, "How? Grr, this is pointless between people who can both cast 3rd level spells. Bell, we are ending this NOW!"

I saw the same look of regret from Bellamour as he began the Seperation spell.

" "Two souls, two minds, two bodies. I seperate the bond between us: our fate, our destiny, our name-"

I laughed and countered quickly, shouting over his voice, " Tarturus, the unbound, thee from which all light was born. Bind them like you did Cronus in the underworld. Let them know how restrained the Titans were- completely immobile!"

Out of the dark clouds above, appeared a cage made of light. The cage plummeted down as Bellamour approached Lucia like our last battle. I smirked and whispered under my breath, "Not this time."

The cage of light slammed down around Bellamour and Evelake, trapping Bellamour without a new Sacrifice to bind to. The blonde Guardian hit the bars of light and it seared his flesh. Bellamour jerked back from the pain but there was still determination in his eyes as he continued.  That determination faded, however; as the light in his eyes dimmed. The blonde's body gave out as his soul fled and leaned against the cage. As Bellamour's body roasted on the cage of the light, Evelake approached his body-eyes filled with regret. Evelake whispered to Bellamour, "It's me, Eve. I'm sorry." Evelake began sobbing. "I'm so so so sorry. I just wanted to take you to Elysium."

Evelake stroked Bellamour's hair and whispered, "If my Guardian dies, I am already dead. If you die, so do I."

Evelake thrust himself upon the bars of pure light and burnt with his true love until his soul chased after it's mate.

Another patch of love was rended from the earth. I felt compelled to say farewell to it.

"I mimicked your style and called upon another name for strength. It felt good to command other names but you must rely on one name: your True Name. Goodbye, Voluptas, until all the stars are alight."

The Olympian in the boxes stood and clapped his hands wildly, "Tarturus! What cruelty. Marvelous!"

How happy he was at the death of another made me want to knock his teeth out.

"Those who please me gain my favor", the Olympian continued. "I was going to grant Voluptas a boon for killing Eros in such a resplendent manner but they postponed their favor. They said they need to rest before they could receive it. You Aphrodites are such feeble creatures."

I grit my teeth. Lucia's head dug into my back, her arms still around me. Her voice reverberated through my back, "Bear it."

"That favor now falls to you. What is it that you would ask of a proud member of Olympia?"

Lucia released her grip of me slowly and took her spot beside me. Lucia looked at the Olympian with the same intensity she had given me when she had told me about wanting revenge.

"We want to fight the champion!" Lucia demanded.
© Copyright 2015 Kitte (kitte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024337-Rapture-Chapter-5