*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024709-The-Murder-at-Nine-Oclock
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #2024709
The inspector must solve this mystery
The Murder at Nine O’clock

It was 8:50 o’clock and inspector Ben was pacing the floor. For the past five nights a person was killed exactly at 9 o’clock. The inspector tried to connect the murders but nothing made sense. None of the victims were friends or cousins to the other people who died and they had nothing in common. The inspector had rushed to the scenes of the crime each night but he was always too late.

Ben paced around his office until 9 o’clock. His phone rang and he rushed to it. He picked it up and asked who it was. “Hello dear what are you doing, supper is getting cold.” Ben explained it to his wife then hung up. Right after he hung up the phone rang again.

He picked it up and to his surprise it was about the murderer. “Chief the police office just got an emergency call saying that there was a murderer at her house.” The officer told him the address and hung up. Ben ran down to the street and got into a police car. Several police men got in the car with him. They turned the sirens on and sped down the highway.

Driving in the city of Chicago at night was difficult which made it harder for Ben to drive. Ben turned off the highway to a Chinese restaurant. He and the officers ran into the restaurant and walked up some stairs leading to some apartments that were above the restaurant.

Ben ran to room 4 and bust the door down. There in the middle of the room was the murderer wearing a mask. The murderer had a knife to a lady’s throat. “Don’t step any closer inspector or this poor women will die.”

Ben took a step back and glared at the man. The murderer slowly made his way to the door dragging the women along. “Ok, inspector tell your men to get in the room.” Ben ordered his men to go in the room leaving him in the hallway. The murderer dragged the women into the hallway. He kicked the inspector into the room and locked the door. The murderer pushed the women onto the ground and dashed out of the restaurant. The women got up and unlocked the door to the apartment.

“Go get him he’s getting away.” Ben knew that they couldn’t catch up with him unless he could jump out the window. Ben opened the window while his officers ran out of the restaurant. The murderer pulled a gun out and stopped right under the window.

Ben knew he would only have a minute. He grabbed a flower pot and chucked it out the window. He heard a crashing noise then saw the murderer fall on the sidewalk. The officers Stayed and questioned the women while the inspector took the murderer to jail. The inspector had foiled another crime.
© Copyright 2015 ~ IVELTAC ~ (iveltac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024709-The-Murder-at-Nine-Oclock