*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024726-ThrillerHorror-Sample-2
Rated: GC · Sample · Horror/Scary · #2024726
One girl is pushed right to the edge...

Thriller/Horror Sample #2

My eyes shot open and I gasped sharply, finding myself on the floor beside my bed. In a panic I fought with the sheets around my body, attempting to kick them off of my ankles. My head felt as if I was submerged deep in the sea while the rest of my body felt like I was falling through an abyss, which would see no end. My heart beat frantically, alerting my senses of danger, and yet, I could see nothing anywhere in the room.

Then, I heard him--"Sandy!"

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

My ear listened to the sound of his booming voice and even louder footsteps as he made his way from his room, directly beneath me, to mine. Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Up the stairs he went.

I bit my lip hard enough for the blood to tease the tip of my tongue to fend off my overwhelming urge to cry out and slow my frantic breathing. Quietly, and as quickly as possible I picked myself up off the floor and crawled back into bed, hastily arranging the sheets so they looked just as they did when he'd put me to bed earlier that night.

I closed my eyes and counted to three. It was always three. Knock! Knock!

I lay completely still, barely allowing myself to take full breaths. From the other side of the door I heard, "Sandy! Are you all right in there?" I remained silent. "Young lady, if you're not asleep in there, you know what will happen."

"One...two..." The door creaked as he pushed through it, and I could feel each heavy, beastly breath he took. He walked over to my bed and looked over me. I can only assume he liked what he saw--his "good girl" asleep just the way he liked her to.

However, I felt his hot breath against the side of my face. He'd noticed the new cut on my lip and it was still bleeding. "Aw, poor girl..." he sounded almost sincere. "Must've nicked herself in a dream. Can't be havin' any of that... Only one spot on her should ever bleed like that and that's certainly not the spot," he whispered in his deep, grainy voice.

He didn't have to think twice. Gently, he began to lick the blood from my bottom lip, to the top, then finally pressed his lips against mine, forcing his tongue into my mouth. I could taste his rank breath, the same assortment of cheap beer and beans he always ate. Subtly, I dug my nails into the side of my thumb, undoubtedly giving them a mark as well.

"One...two...three..." Instead of breaking the kiss, he only became more aggressive and I felt a hand creep from my side and up my night gown. I honestly have no idea how, but I resisted the urge to shake as one of his large, hairy hands took hold of my breast.

I'd lost track of the time, my one way to deal with him--especially when he was like this. It didn't last for three seconds, or even three minutes. I just lay there helplessly, forced to allow him to use my body for his pleasure.

By the time I felt his lips off of mine I could tell it was morning. A bird's song and flutters wistfully flew into my ear and overhead I heard him say, "That's my girl. Always such a sound sleeper." With that said, he gave me a kiss on the forehead, and walked out of my room, closing the door behind him.

I lasted a second before I felt the tears start trickling down my face and pooling onto my cheeks, my entire body trembling. I returned to the spot he'd licked clean and bit it again, immediately letting out a quiet yelp, but used both of my hands to cover my blunder. This had been a good night for me, I didn't want to ruin it.

My hands opened wider from my lips to my entire face and I gingerly cried into them, despising every tear he won by the end of the night.

Gradually, my trembling became softer and softer, my weak, malnourished body unable to keep supplying the energy for such an action for so long. I pulled my hands away and looked into the red, wet palms. Shaking my head I stuttered, "I-I can-can't...I can't ke-kee-keep doing th-this..."

I fell to my side and wrapped my arms around myself tightly. "This...I need...He can't-can't... There has to be a way--there has to be a way," I sobbed pathetically.

I don't know how long I repeated the words to myself, but at some point I drifted off into the darkness, hoping never to return to the light of day.





© Copyright 2015 Steven Jackson (stevenljackson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2024726-ThrillerHorror-Sample-2