*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025100-Drinking-to-Success
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2025100
Two lifelong friends toast to a successful venture
“Let’s enjoy our drinks,” Rudy announced as he lifted his glass and leaned forward.
Wilber, glass in hand, gave a slight clink.
The two lifelong friends drank to each other’s health and to their success.
“You did all the research and you’re sure this’ll work?” Wilber asked for the thousandth time.
“Yes,” Rudy sat back in his chair with a chuckle. “You spilled a drop on your tie.”
His friend looked down and saw a red stain in the center of his navy blue tie.
He stood-up with a sigh and went into the bathroom halfway down the hall, and Rudy could hear Wilber cursing his luck.
“I just hope this won’t…”
“Don’t worry, Wil, everything will be all right. Trust me.”
“I don’t know, Rudolph,” Wilber said as he anxiously returned to the dining room table.
“I don’t like it when you call me Rudolph. It’s a sign you’re overly concerned. Trust me, that spill meant nothing.”
Wilber took a few deep breaths and regained his composure. “I’m okay, let’s do this.”
Rudy sighed relief. “Time to get ready.”
And once ready, Wilber took one last look in the bathroom mirror. “I can’t believe it. You’re right. My not drinking the whole amount didn’t matter one bit. I was troubled over nothing. This is going to work like a charm.”
“We’ll able to steal from bank clerks’ cash trays and store registers at will. And if we don’t get greedy and settle for a few thousand dollars a day each, we’ll never have to work another day in our lives.”
Wilber sighed, “All because of the formula you developed working at that biochemical research company that makes us invisible for up to seven hours and…”
“They won’t see us coming!”
291 Words
© Copyright 2015 James Donald Falato (jimfalato at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2025100-Drinking-to-Success