*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026060-The-Night-Watcher
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2026060
first attempt at horror story. something is always there...

The Night Watcher

Last night I opened my bedroom door and looked around my room. Nothing seemed out of place or unusually in appearance. It’s been two days since the last incident. Since the day that that thing appeared in my room. I don’t know what it was, actually, but its image will forever be embedded in my mind. Tall, human like, strange spiked protrusions coming from its arms, glowing white eyes with no pupils, and a mouth that looked like it had been cut to go from ear to ear. When the creature smiled at you,  fear would course through your senses like an old friend because, instead of teeth, its mouth was full of jagged shards of broken glass. Some other people in town have reported seeing this creature throughout the year… all of them ended up dead or missing not soon after their reports. The creature was known as “The Night Watcher” to all those who believed in it. Originally I thought that it was just a story made up so that children would behave, but after that incident I now know that it is real, and I know it will be returning for me soon. The Night Watcher is demonic, playing with its victims like a cat it gets bored…. no more mouse. So now as I climb into my bed I hope that the “cat” is still entertained by the “mouse”. I closed my eyes into a restless sleep. A strange creaking noise awoke me in the middle of the night. Looking at the clock I see that it was five minutes prior to midnight. Surveying the room  I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, so I soon fall back asleep. As soon as I closed my eyes the creaking noise resumed, slowly getting louder until it stopped abruptly. Directly beside my bed. I open one eye  and quickly shut it again, hoping that what I saw was only a dream. I open my eyes again and look up. Above me, staring down with stark white eyes and its creepy smile was the Night Watcher. My mouth opens to scream as the Night Watcher leans down towards me, but no sound can be heard except for the two words that it uttered to me. “Good night”. The time was five minutes past midnight.





Police Office Report

Victim(s) name: Cromwell, Winston

Age: 19

Sex: male

Cause of death: immense blood loss, ethylenediamineteraacetic acid ingestion

Wounds visible: Blue/purple bruising around neck, torso, and arms; lacerations on arms neck and face; shards of broken glass imbedded on body in formation similar to bite marks; no eyes in corps; slit mouth from ear to ear.



© Copyright 2015 Xiǎo Láng (rikkachan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026060-The-Night-Watcher