*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028873-The-Murder-of-Man
by Ahrah
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2028873
A Man's final thoughts in a apocolyptic world
"The year was 2017, all the world leaders were at each other’s throats and world war three was so close to the horizon I would have put my life savings on it... not that it would matter anymore, My name is Driscoll Greer and like most people left on this hellhole I used to be a high standing citizen before the bombs hit and appeared to wipe out people's minds as well as their lives. I used to be a police officer of high standing I was so close to becoming a DCI but it was not meant to be and instead of a promotion I received a place in a safety vault that was meant to keep people safe from the initial blast of the bombs but of course like all things in order to stay safe you needed to pay. Nevertheless I think it is obvious to say that the fat cats are all locked away in their safety vaults whilst the rest of us scramble across a ruined earth trying to survive and trying to make it to our next day knowing that it could be our last. Being an upholder of the law prior to the war I try to help those in need from those who have been driven to madness from this apocalypse I like to see myself as the voice of reason and if I didn't agree with someone's decision I made it known naturally this means that I work alone as a mercenary of sorts aiding those in need of it and in reward receiving what little food or water they could give..."
"He's in here behind this door!" BANG
"Which naturally would lead to some of the more insidious rejects of human nature to find me as quite an annoying thorn in their side as I released the helpless from their grasp of fear I became quite the target myself and while I have had a rather good run the well of luck I have been drawing from appears to have run out."
"What's wrong Driscoll not so big now we got you trapped? Just remember you brought this upon yourself" BANG
"then again this door has appeared to hold rather well considering the state of the rest of the building well the door and the multitude of filing cabinets I stacked in front of it anyway. So this appears to be my last adventure before They manage to break through the door or before I starve to death, I don't have enough bullets to be able to stand up for myself against his whole gang but then again every cloud has a silver lining for instance I've always wanted to play a game of Russian roulette and this appears to be the perfect time for it... To anyone who finds this recording my name is Driscoll Greer ex-cop and soon to be ex human and with my final words I say to you"
"This" *Click* "Was" *Click* "My" *Bang* ....
"Audio log ended please turn the tape over to the other side to continue"
"Audio log ended please turn the tape over to the other side to continue"
"Audio log ended please turn the tape over to the other side to continue"
© Copyright 2015 Ahrah (angrythor17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028873-The-Murder-of-Man