*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028889-Still-looking-for-a-title
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2028889
I will continue this story


Chapter 1 - The Rabbits
That fateful day in mid-November seemed like an ordinary day, yet it turned out to be one of the most memorable days the entire history of mankind. My sister Stacie and I, both seniors at Dybbol College, were on our way to our apartment in Northbridge. We looked forward to celebrating a nice afternoon off, and discuss the latest developments in brain science technology over a cup of tea. Stacie decided to quickly pass by the petrol station, to buy the latest science magazine. With our curiosity we needed some research to absorb. I walked steadily on, through the cold wind - right up to the apartment.

As I entered the corridor, a terrible feeling shivered through my body. A feeling of intense fear, that this day could somehow be my last. I wanted to put my bag on the kitchen table, but then I realized the table was gone. It left me bewildered for a brief moment, but when I looked around, I found the table on its side, right next to the piano - which was also moved aside. Basically, all of the furniture was moved, and I didn't recognize my good old livingroom as it was before. 'What did I do wrong here?', I thought by myself. 'This must be some kind of joke'. But at the same time, I knew this wasn't a joke, because except for me and Stacie, no one else had access to this apartment. The whole situation felt rather unpleasant to me, but what was actually scaring me the most at this moment, was the large white rabbit sitting there, motionless, in the middle of the table.

Somewhere inside my head an old memory came forth. This rabbit wasn't just a normal, sweet, cuddly rabbit - it was a mutant. I could only think of one person who could turn a white rabbit into a mutant: the notorious scientist Doctor Eduvard Randrion - an old Nazi doctor whose experiments were questioned by experts as 'highly dangerous and dobious'. If he really was around here - what on Earth was his plan?

Suddenly I heard a ticking noise, undoubtedly coming from the attic. I decided to walk upstairs to see what could make such a peculiar sound. It pierced into my head the closer I came to the attic. I opened the panel to the attic, and climbed the last stairs. When I peeked my head above the floor, the view surprised me: mysteriously, there was nothing there - apart from the box of toys I saved for any potential children visiting, and my old pair of ice skates. I turned my head around and searched for a possible source of the cacophony, but I couldn't find any. Then I opened the toy box. A white rabbit jumped out. This one was identical to the rabbit on the table downstairs. The rabbit looked at me with its piercing green eyes - wait, why are its eyes green? The rabbit downstairs had red eyes. Without knowing if it could cause any possible danger, I try to pick up the rabbit, but it doesn't cooperate. It just sits there, gazing at me. Its gaze is almost demonic - and I realize I might better want to go downstairs and run far far away from this place, where I once found myself a safe home. If I could only turn time and warn Stacie before Doctor Randrion showed up, our narrow life-prospect would have been eliminated and rabbits would never have been my main concern in life. Unfortunately those rabbits were my main concern at this point. What would happen if I just walked downstairs, closing the door to my house and walked out as if nothing ever happened? I knew that wasn't an option right now, but what if?




© Copyright 2015 Lady Greenfield (ladygreenfield at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2028889-Still-looking-for-a-title