*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033988-The-Nexi
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #2033988
a school project. sci fi resembling Ray Bradbury
         Way back when the Traveler, the first extra-terrestrial human has ever came in contact with, had just arrived in the solar system in 2150, the way of life boomed. Lifespans tripled, he made Venus become habitable, Mercury became a garden world. We thought it would last forever. 300 years later, the darkness came, an alien race that rivaled the power of the Traveler, entered the Solar System. The Traveler used his light, his power and lifespan, to defeat the first wave, but depleted his light. In his dying breath, the Traveler created the Nexi, a group of guardians burdened with doing what the Traveler himself no longer can, defend the humans.

         I, N7, am a Nexus, one of the more famous ones still surviving after 300 years since creation. Of the 5000 Nexi that were made by the traveler, only 100 remain, and that number is going down fast. The reason I am so famous is that I, and 3 other guardians, have been nominated to execute order 66. I walked into the Chalk white building. There was a sign that said Nexus Headquarters, so I knew I was in the right place.
         “Hey N7,” said the attendant,”you are to go to room 27 for briefing”
When I walked in, the other three Nexi were already in there. Then the general started to speak.
         “The fact that the HQ has decided to execute order 66, shows the direness of the situation. Order 66, as you probably know, is the last initiative we have. It is to jump into the time machine and change the order of events. But with that, you must be very careful. We are jumping so far back in time that everything matters and if you kill one wrong person by accident, that may lead to 5,000 people that were never born. And if one of the people who don’t exist was famous in our timeline, the course of history would be very very different”

         That showed the pressure on us and the fate of the Solar System depended on us. The darkness have taken over key control points, leaving us defenseless and we have no choice.
         “So what are we supposed to do,” I asked
         “Your goal is to alter the Traveler decision to take on the Darkness. The man he was influenced by is named Ryan Long. He had no offspring so killing him won’t be a problem. If you succeed, no one will know, but you will know yourselves. Goodbye Nexi, that is all,” said the general.

         With that, he gave us to the scientist outside who led us to the Time Machine. It was called The Tyme Mashine, I guess they still had humor to the last days of the world. That is what I admire of the Humans, they still find optimism when they’re about to die, well some of them. We transferred to the year 2451, 400 hundred years before they sent us off. We had some sort of lag time before we came to our senses and walked out the door. Luckily we had prior knowledge as of where to find our man, Ryan Long. At this time of the day, he would be entering the observatory where he finds the Darkness. We as a group decided not to kill anyone and just alter his decision on action.

         We took a air car to the observatory. We came in just in time to hear his reaction of finding the Darkness. We pretended that we were amused and ran to him. We looked through the telescope and looked at the familiar Darkness Ships. Ships had a scaled outer shell like a Roly-Poly and a ‘stomach’ that looked softer than the rest of the ship.
         “Aliens! Aliens in ships that look like Rolley-Polleys” he yelled at his newfound discovery,”We must consult the Traveler, he must know what to do.” I almost forgot that the people of the past, such as Ryan Long, viewed the Traveler as a visible god. We urged him to take us along with him to meet the Traveler.

After going through hours of security, we finally met the Traveler. He was a ball of light, a light source, with electricity orbiting him. He looked very intimidating and scary.
         “What Information do you need to tell me,” he said. I already liked him. He was short and to the point, and knows what is happening.
         “In the Observatory,” Ryan Long started, telling the floating orb what he saw through the telescope. He described the ships in detail.
         “The Darkness have finally figured out my intentions. I must leave before they kill me.” said the Traveler.
         “What are they?” Long asked. I was about to answer him, but I realized it would blow my cover.
         “They are my rivals, the darkness to my light. The fact that they are here suggests that I must leave. Goodbye humanity,” the door started to close. My mind started to race.
         “No! Wait, I need to tell you something!” I yelled on the top of my lungs. The door stopped closing.
         “What?” the Traveler said expectantly
         “If they are as powerful as you, is it possible that you could leave behind guardians against the Darkness so humanity can live?” I asked. The answer to this question decides the fate of Humanity in the Future.
         “We’ll see” With that, the door closed fully, and his pod started to leave. Soon, he teleported out of the Solar System, and after that, 5,000,000 fully functional guardians were found in an army base, literally overnight.
© Copyright 2015 sahsandwich (sahsandwich at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2033988-The-Nexi